- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 11 Oct 2020
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB part of BRE Global) sets the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB’s Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) are applied in fire and security sectors around the world.
LPS 1041 – 1.3, Requirements and testing procedures for the LPCB approval and listing of dry pipe valve sets, published by BRE Global in 2014, suggests that an anti-reseat latch is a: ‘Latch mechanism designed to prevent the sealing assembly from returning to its set position after operation.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Differential ratio of a wet alarm valve.
- Differential type dry pipe valve.
- K factor.
- Making the case for sprinklers and dispelling myths.
- Overview of automatic sprinkler system design and operation.
- Sprinkler systems explained: A guide to sprinkler installation standards and rules.
- The cost efficiency of different combinations of fire protection measures.
- The impact of automatic sprinklers on building design.
- Watermist systems for fire protection in domestic and residential buildings DG 534.
- Wet alarm valve.
Featured articles and news
From the basics to the future from our Cohesive BIM wiki.
As electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.