- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 11 Oct 2020
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB part of BRE Global) sets the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB’s Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) are applied in fire and security sectors around the world.
LPS 1041 – 1.3, Requirements and testing procedures for the LPCB approval and listing of dry pipe valve sets, published by BRE Global in 2014, suggests that an anti-reseat latch is a: ‘Latch mechanism designed to prevent the sealing assembly from returning to its set position after operation.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Differential ratio of a wet alarm valve.
- Differential type dry pipe valve.
- K factor.
- Making the case for sprinklers and dispelling myths.
- Overview of automatic sprinkler system design and operation.
- Sprinkler systems explained: A guide to sprinkler installation standards and rules.
- The cost efficiency of different combinations of fire protection measures.
- The impact of automatic sprinklers on building design.
- Watermist systems for fire protection in domestic and residential buildings DG 534.
- Wet alarm valve.
Featured articles and news
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.
ECA states concerns over the Government's disparate plans.
Net zero carbon future - necessity, not choice - was the event's focus.
CIOB event spotlighted sustainability strategies in the region.
The 19th and 20th centuries left a legacy of defects.
An invaluable technique that should be used more often.