- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 25 Feb 2021
Society for the Environment SocEnv
The Society for the Environment (SocEnv) acts as a unifying body for UK environmental groups. Its purpose is to oversee and recognise a coordinated effort to license professionals from the sustainability and environmental sectors. The organisation was established by Royal Charter in September 2004.
Membership currently includes more than 400,000 professionals from many different fields. Members must comply with SocEnv’s Continuing Professional Development Policy, which encourages an ongoing effort to actively pursue knowledge related to the advancement of sustainability.
Individuals must belong to one of the organisation’s member institutions and prove their support and promotion of sustainable environmental management and development. There are more than 20 organisation’s currently affiliated with SocEnv including:
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- Institution of Engineering Designers (IED).
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Global building automation and control systems trends reviewed.
Significant changes to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 announced.
Students available for administrative roles.
Delisting a World Heritage Site.
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.