- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 02 May 2019
Sewers for Scotland
Sewers for Scotland is guidance produced by Scottish Water for developers providing sewage facilities in Scotland. Written to align with the Sewerage (Scotland) Act 1968, the guide details procedures and gives guidance on the design and construction of sewage infrastructure for housing, industrial and commercial developments.
The documents provide guidance for all standards and specifications required when designing new water or drainage infrastructure. All new designs in Scotland received, from January 1, 2019 will be expected to align with these new design documents.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved documents.
- Building regulations.
- Development of sustainable rural housing in the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
- Drainage system.
- Foul drainage.
- Highway engineers and drainage.
- Road drainage.
- Scottish building services certification schemes.
- Scottish building standards.
- Scottish building warrant.
- Scottish planning and architecture documents.
- Surface drainage.
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems - latest guidance.
- Sustainable urban drainage.
Featured articles and news
Full of passion and acerbic wit. 1 min book review.
Reminding us what is possible.
Five signs you are at risk.
Biotechnology as it applies to the built environment.
Stopping sound coming through windows.
Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
Energy savings quickly payback any small additional capital investment.
Overbuild and air-space developments.
Airports National Policy Statement and its impact on infrastructure.
Organisations will collaborate on infrastructure initiatives.
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.