- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 10 Feb 2019
A scaffold register, or scaffold inspection report, is used to record routine inspections of scaffolding. Among other things, it notes any defects or issues that could pose a health and safety hazard, along with any corrective actions that are taken.
- Following installation and before the first use.
- At least every seven days thereafter.
- Following significant alteration.
- Following adverse weather or any event that is likely to affect its strength or stability.
The individual who completes the inspection and fills in the register must be a competent person, i.e. a scaffolder or someone who has completed a scaffold inspection course. Tags (also known as scafftags) can be fixed to the scaffold with the details of the last inspection.
Typical scaffold registers might contain the following information:
- Company name and address.
- Site address.
- Location and description of scaffold inspected.
- Date and time of inspection.
- Issues that could pose any health and safety risks.
- Details of any action taken at the time of the inspection.
- Details of any further action considered necessary.
- Name and role of inspector.
- Inspectors signature.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Health and safety inspector.
- How to remove scaffolding.
- How to use a ladder.
- Opening up works for inspection and testing.
- Quality control.
- Method statements.
- Risk assessments and method statements.
- Safety audit.
- Site records and registers.
- Temporary works.
- Types of scaffolding.
- Work at height checklist for managers.
- Work at height regulations.
Featured articles and news
CLC provides guidance related to product marks, post-Brexit.
Net zero goals incorporated into plans for a new European Bauhaus.
BREEAM offers its resilient approach to Building Back Better.
Country moves one step closer to creating independent body.
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.