- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 28 May 2020
Quality functional deployment
Construction Quality Planning Guide, Draft for Consultation, Published by the Construction Innovation Hub in May 2020, suggests that Quality Functional Deployment (QFD) is: ‘A structured approach to defining customer needs and translating them into specific product development plans.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Advanced product quality planning.
- Construction Innovation Hub.
- Construction product approval process.
- Construction quality planning.
- Not right first time.
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA).
- Product design requirements.
- Product validation.
- Production readiness review.
- Project quality plan.
- Quality control.
- Quality cost and delivery.
- Quality in construction projects.
- Quality load and capacity report.
Featured articles and news
Country moves one step closer to creating independent body.
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.
Organisation revises actions around dealing with COVID-19.
CIOB, NFCC, RIBA, RICS call for changes ahead of Building Safety Bill.
Developments in the Future Homes Standard.