- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Mar 2021
Product breakdown structure
Construction Quality Planning Guide, Draft for Consultation, Published by the Construction Innovation Hub in May 2020, suggests that a Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) is: ‘…the hierarchical breakdown of the main project/product into its constituent sub projects/products. Developing the PBS document is a key activity performed within the phase 1 of the CQP (Construction Quality Planning) process.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Advanced product quality planning.
- Bill of quantities breakdown structures.
- Construction Innovation Hub.
- Construction quality planning.
- Cost breakdown structure.
- Information container breakdown structure.
- Organisation breakdown structure.
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA).
- Project quality plan.
- Quality control.
- Quality in construction projects.
- Six Sigma.
- Work breakdown structure.
Featured articles and news
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.
Why government can't support public transport forever.
Government introduces the Information Management Mandate.