- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 May 2020
Product breakdown structure
Construction Quality Planning Guide, Draft for Consultation, Published by the Construction Innovation Hub in May 2020, suggests that a Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) is: ‘…the hierarchical breakdown of the main project/product into its constituent sub projects/products. Developing the PBS document is a key activity performed within the phase 1 of the CQP (Construction Quality Planning) process.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Advanced product quality planning.
- Bill of quantities breakdown structures.
- Construction Innovation Hub.
- Construction quality planning.
- Cost breakdown structure.
- Information container breakdown structure.
- Organisation breakdown structure.
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA).
- Project quality plan.
- Quality control.
- Quality in construction projects.
- Six Sigma.
- Work breakdown structure.
Featured articles and news
Four outstanding professionals recognised.
Sustainable flooring from super strong grass.
Organisation presents reactions from industry leaders.
New infrastructure bank to be based in the North of England.
Fairer, faster, greener. A summary of the key points.
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.
Architecture considered somewhere between 'sublime and beautiful'.
Polish piano factory revived through an energy-oriented tune up.
Dynamic architectural approach sets out to restore and improve the environment.
Entries accepted from 1 December 2020 to 14 April 2021.
Procedure discontinued for sale or re-mortgage of buildings without cladding.
The art of negotiation.