- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Mar 2021
Product breakdown structure
Construction Quality Planning Guide, Draft for Consultation, Published by the Construction Innovation Hub in May 2020, suggests that a Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) is: ‘…the hierarchical breakdown of the main project/product into its constituent sub projects/products. Developing the PBS document is a key activity performed within the phase 1 of the CQP (Construction Quality Planning) process.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Advanced product quality planning.
- Bill of quantities breakdown structures.
- Construction Innovation Hub.
- Construction quality planning.
- Cost breakdown structure.
- Information container breakdown structure.
- Organisation breakdown structure.
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA).
- Project quality plan.
- Quality control.
- Quality in construction projects.
- Six Sigma.
- Work breakdown structure.
Featured articles and news
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.
Communicating the right information at the right time.
Materials can take on different properties to control heat and glare.
Challenges in the construction sector and beyond.
Exploring brick and timber construction techniques.
On wheels or on platforms, micro dwellings are popping up everywhere.
Landlords must now comply with new repair regulations.
You can add articles and help improve knowledge in the construction industry.
Ayo Sokale explains the struggles of being neurodiverse.
Communities, heritage and architecture. Book review.
The voluntary sector continues to shape the debate.