- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 May 2020
Product breakdown structure
Construction Quality Planning Guide, Draft for Consultation, Published by the Construction Innovation Hub in May 2020, suggests that a Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) is: ‘…the hierarchical breakdown of the main project/product into its constituent sub projects/products. Developing the PBS document is a key activity performed within the phase 1 of the CQP (Construction Quality Planning) process.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Advanced product quality planning.
- Bill of quantities breakdown structures.
- Construction Innovation Hub.
- Construction quality planning.
- Cost breakdown structure.
- Information container breakdown structure.
- Organisation breakdown structure.
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA).
- Project quality plan.
- Quality control.
- Quality in construction projects.
- Six Sigma.
- Work breakdown structure.
Featured articles and news
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
How to write them and what they should include.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.
New Government task force will build beauty into reformed planning process.
Five outstanding aspects of the profession.
The seismic strengthening of historic churches.
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.