- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 May 2020
Product breakdown structure
Construction Quality Planning Guide, Draft for Consultation, Published by the Construction Innovation Hub in May 2020, suggests that a Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) is: ‘…the hierarchical breakdown of the main project/product into its constituent sub projects/products. Developing the PBS document is a key activity performed within the phase 1 of the CQP (Construction Quality Planning) process.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Advanced product quality planning.
- Bill of quantities breakdown structures.
- Construction Innovation Hub.
- Construction quality planning.
- Cost breakdown structure.
- Information container breakdown structure.
- Organisation breakdown structure.
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA).
- Project quality plan.
- Quality control.
- Quality in construction projects.
- Six Sigma.
- Work breakdown structure.
Featured articles and news
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.
Tech will drive professional development in fields tied to infrastructure.
The idea for the structure emerged from the architect's dream.
Changing air tightness requirements prompt testing and revisions.
Government takes steps to revise building safety legislation.
Product can be 'grown' into bricks or used as a self-healing building material.
Anticipating COVID-19's continuing construction disruptions.
Availability payment arrangements involve project performance.
EU responds to COVID-19 with NextGenerationEU plan.
Property developer and founder of London Brick Company.
New course offered by CIOB.