- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Nov 2017
Prime cost price
|Where the exact type of product or component cannot be specified, an estimated price for the product or component shall be given in the description as a prime cost price (PC price). State, for example, ‘Allow the PC price of £x per thousand delivered to site’, ‘Allow the PC price of £y per m2 delivered to site’, or ‘Allow £z each delivered to site’.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in the bill of quantities or in these rules, the contractor shall be deemed to have allowed for all items listed in paragraph 18.104.22.168 in his or her priced rate for each building component/item incorporating a PC price.
Paragraph 22.214.171.124 refers to:
- (1) labour and all costs in connection therewith;
- (2) materials and goods together with all costs in connection therewith;
- (3) assembling, installing, erecting, fixing or fitting materials or goods in position;
- (4) plant and all costs in connection therewith;
- (5) waste of goods or materials;
- (6) all rough and fair cutting unless specially stated otherwise;
- (7) establishment charges; and
- (8) cost of compliance with all legislation in connection with the work measured including health and safety, disposal of waste and the like.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Book review: The vertebrate architecture of one of the most important practices of the 20th century.
Matt Rhodes, Quiss Technology, explains how an increasing number are falling victim to sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Assembly drawings represent items that consist of more than one component and show how they fit together.
Is the water sector under too much pressure from the regulator?
Everything you need to know about acoustics in under 800 words.
Check out our list of the 90 most unusual buildings of all time.
The government is to set a personal consumption target to reduce water use.
BSRIA calls for more education to promote fuels that are fit to burn.
Michael Gove admits air pollution is making people ill and shortening lives.
BRE call for a clearer, focused drive for the delivery of sustainable, quality developments.
Proposals for a 140m high observation wheel next to the Tyne.