- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Nov 2017
Prime cost price
|Where the exact type of product or component cannot be specified, an estimated price for the product or component shall be given in the description as a prime cost price (PC price). State, for example, ‘Allow the PC price of £x per thousand delivered to site’, ‘Allow the PC price of £y per m2 delivered to site’, or ‘Allow £z each delivered to site’.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in the bill of quantities or in these rules, the contractor shall be deemed to have allowed for all items listed in paragraph [IP address hidden] in his or her priced rate for each building component/item incorporating a PC price.
Paragraph [IP address hidden] refers to:
- (1) labour and all costs in connection therewith;
- (2) materials and goods together with all costs in connection therewith;
- (3) assembling, installing, erecting, fixing or fitting materials or goods in position;
- (4) plant and all costs in connection therewith;
- (5) waste of goods or materials;
- (6) all rough and fair cutting unless specially stated otherwise;
- (7) establishment charges; and
- (8) cost of compliance with all legislation in connection with the work measured including health and safety, disposal of waste and the like.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The London Build Expo is hosting a Diversity in Construction panel and networking session on October 24.
Analysis can help develop a specification, but must not lead to inappropriate specifications being accepted.
Dos and don'ts for creating a smart home.
New ICE publication recommends pay-as-you-go tax to fund roads and other financing options.
BSRIA launches a White Paper on wearable technology and wellbeing in buildings.
Have the pressures of the market shredded the core values of professionalism?
Lead times are a measure of the amount of time that elapses between initiating and completing a construction process.
Government releases first tranche of funding for removal of unsafe high-rise cladding.
How to ensure UK transport infrastructure copes with severe winter weather.