- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Mar 2022
Glossary of Capital Budgeting and Infrastructure Governance, published by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in 2018, states:
A PPP Unit is an organization that has been set up by government to centrally facilitate, promote or improve PPPs across government departments. Its aim is to make capacity available by carrying out one or more of the following functions with regard to PPPs:
- Examination of projects in order to ensure that the PPPs meet specific quality criteria such as affordability, value-for-money (VfM), and appropriate risk transfer.
- Policy and rule guidance to decision makers based on theoretical and practical experience;
- Technical support to implementing agencies, including training in key subjects and methodologies;
- Promotion of PPP as a feasible and efficient method for infrastructure procurement;
- Coordination amongst relevant government entities in order to ensure correct processes.
- Flexibility in PPP Contracts: Best practices from countries where Abertis operates.
- Government Construction Strategy.
- Independent Client Advisers.
- Integrated Supply Team.
- Major Projects Authority.
- Midland Expressway Ltd v Carillion Construction Ltd & Others.
- PF2 (successor to PFI).
- Pre-Contract Services Agreement.
- Private developer scheme.
- Private Finance Initiative.
Featured articles and news
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?