- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 15 Nov 2020
Options review report
An options review report might be prepared following an options appraisal exercise, to help the client select their preferred option from a range of possibilities. A project brief for the preferred option can then be prepared so that consultants can be appointed to begin the design process.
The options review report might contain:
- A general description of the options.
- Diagrammatic sketch layouts.
- The overall consequences of each option for the client's operations.
- Assessment of compatibility with the strategic brief and business case.
- Assessment of the overall feasibility of each option.
- Potential for future-proofing.
- Planning permission issues (including the potential requirement for an environmental impact assessment).
- Sustainability considerations.
- Impact on the local community and environment.
- Third party dependencies.
- Value management exercises.
- Whole-life costs with a rudimentary assessment of costs/sqm, configuration and servicing.
- Time-frames, phasing and key milestones.
- Procurement route.
- Project risks.
It may include drawings, massing models and other material that the client finds easy to assess against the strategic brief, as well as technical assessments. Wherever possible this information should be prepared in a form that is easy to interrogate, compare and test against the strategic brief and should draw on data and sources that are being managed in a consistent way. Information should be stored and named in a way consistent with the long-term project and operational needs.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
High levels of mica and pyrite found in aggregate used for Irish homes.
Organisation offers mobile app to its members.
BSRIA explores US share of 2020 VRF market.
New fire safety requirement comes into force.
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.