- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 23 Dec 2020
Most read in 2020
The top 10 most read articles on Designing Buildings Wiki in 2020 were:
|Article||Number of views|
|1||Types of drawings||117,142|
|2||Bill of quantities||107,227|
|7||Types of flooring||82,473|
|8||Types of brick bonding||72,933|
And in a difficult year, the most read news stories were:
- Coronavirus and force majeure.
- Government publishes UK infrastructure strategy.
- Carbon emissions of electric heating v gas.
- EWS1 forms not required for buildings without cladding.
- Common principles of International Fire Safety Standard introduced.
- Building back better with BREEAM.
- Reform of building safety standards.
- The Construction Playbook.
- Transforming Public Procurement Green Paper.
- Ventilation and control of COVID-19 transmission.
Here's hoping for a better 2021.
Featured articles and news
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.