- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Dec 2020
Most read in 2020
The top 10 most read articles on Designing Buildings Wiki in 2020 were:
|Article||Number of views|
|1||Types of drawings||117,142|
|2||Bill of quantities||107,227|
|7||Types of flooring||82,473|
|8||Types of brick bonding||72,933|
And in a difficult year, the most read news stories were:
- Coronavirus and force majeure.
- Government publishes UK infrastructure strategy.
- Carbon emissions of electric heating v gas.
- EWS1 forms not required for buildings without cladding.
- Common principles of International Fire Safety Standard introduced.
- Building back better with BREEAM.
- Reform of building safety standards.
- The Construction Playbook.
- Transforming Public Procurement Green Paper.
- Ventilation and control of COVID-19 transmission.
Here's hoping for a better 2021.
Featured articles and news
The hidden price of infrastructure.
BREEAM incorporates wellbeing into its Building Back Better programme.
Administration signals policy changes on some building-related issues.
From inns and coaching houses to boutiques.
Survey reveals green skills gap.
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.