- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 23 Dec 2020
Most read in 2020
The top 10 most read articles on Designing Buildings Wiki in 2020 were:
|Article||Number of views|
|1||Types of drawings||117,142|
|2||Bill of quantities||107,227|
|7||Types of flooring||82,473|
|8||Types of brick bonding||72,933|
And in a difficult year, the most read news stories were:
- Coronavirus and force majeure.
- Government publishes UK infrastructure strategy.
- Carbon emissions of electric heating v gas.
- EWS1 forms not required for buildings without cladding.
- Common principles of International Fire Safety Standard introduced.
- Building back better with BREEAM.
- Reform of building safety standards.
- The Construction Playbook.
- Transforming Public Procurement Green Paper.
- Ventilation and control of COVID-19 transmission.
Here's hoping for a better 2021.
Featured articles and news
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.