- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 28 Feb 2021
Manual Call Point
Live investigations of false fire alarms, written by Raman Chagger and published by BRE in December 2015, defines a Manual Call Point (MCP) as: ‘A component used in a fire detection and fire alarm systems that allows the user, when a fire condition is present, to manually trigger and activate the fire alarm warning devices.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Carbon monoxide detector.
- Emergency services.
- Fire detection and alarm system.
- Fire protection engineering.
- Fire and rescue service.
- Heat alarm.
- Ionisation smoke alarm.
- Live investigations of false fire alarms.
- Multi-sensor alarm.
- New requirements for fire detection and alarm network systems IP 12 13.
- Optical smoke alarm.
- Over £1 billion lost every year due to false alarms.
- Smoke alarm.
- The causes of false fire alarms in buildings.
Featured articles and news
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.
Communicating the right information at the right time.
Materials can take on different properties to control heat and glare.
Challenges in the construction sector and beyond.