- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 28 Feb 2021
Manual Call Point
Live investigations of false fire alarms, written by Raman Chagger and published by BRE in December 2015, defines a Manual Call Point (MCP) as: ‘A component used in a fire detection and fire alarm systems that allows the user, when a fire condition is present, to manually trigger and activate the fire alarm warning devices.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Carbon monoxide detector.
- Emergency services.
- Fire detection and alarm system.
- Fire protection engineering.
- Fire and rescue service.
- Heat alarm.
- Ionisation smoke alarm.
- Live investigations of false fire alarms.
- Multi-sensor alarm.
- New requirements for fire detection and alarm network systems IP 12 13.
- Optical smoke alarm.
- Over £1 billion lost every year due to false alarms.
- Smoke alarm.
- The causes of false fire alarms in buildings.
Featured articles and news
Counter balanced carriages that are half elevator, half train.
Understanding ethical risks and ensuring ethical behaviour.
A summary of the key announcements.
CIOB response to the Autumn budget.
Training reflects updated guidance in BSRIA BG 29/2021.
Complete list of 2021 winners now available.
Recognising past and present role models for the future.
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.