- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 08 Apr 2022
Galvanized steel roofing
- Aesthetic Designs - Galvanized steel roofing sheets may be found in variations, designs, colours, and sizes to accommodate the architecture of a house or commercial building. Because of their formability, galvanized steel roofs might be customised to fit your entire home or commercial office. It can be used in a tiled effect, classical corrugated look, or even a panel effect depending upon your requirements and budget.
- Created To Last - Galvanized steel roofs can last for more than five decades with a little maintenance. They are simple to maintain when compared with some other roofs. In fact, repairing, patching, or replacing a panel may not be expensive as replacing tile and shale roofs.
- Affordable - It can be cheaper to set up this particular type of roof on a residence or commercial building.
- Water and resistance to wind - Since the interlocking panels are screwed and then sealed, the roof is protected from extreme wind and water conditions.
- Customisation - The latest galvanized steel roofing sheets are easy to customise according to the architecture of the building. Galvanized metal roofing sheets can be bent and shaped in any angle, which is extremely hard with many different other roofing materials.
- Fire resistance - Steel is not really combustible and it has a high melting point.
- Recyclable - Galvanized steel roofing sheets are constructed with a steel core, which is 100% recyclable.
- Lightweight - Though many people assume that steel is heavy, galvanized metal roofing sheets are lighter in weight than many other roofing materials.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).