- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 04 Apr 2022
- Excellent resistance to corrosion. The corrosion resistance of galvalume products is mainly associated with the protective functions of aluminium. When the zinc starts to degrade, the aluminium will form a thick alumina layer which prevents further corrosion of the materials inside. Its corrosion resistance is 3 times that of galvanized sheet.
- High heat reflectivity. The thermal reflectivity of GL sheet is very high, twice that of galvanized steel sheet, and it is often used as a thermal insulation material. roofing sheet is suitable for hot climates.
- Heat resistance. Galvalume steel has impressive heat resistance that will withstand temperatures that exceed 300 degrees , so it is often used in chimney pipes, ovens, luminaires, and fluorescent lampshades.
- Appearance: The surface of the GL steel sheet is smooth with beautiful and uniform spangles, and the base colour is silver white, so it can be used as cladding.
- GL coating has good adhesion to paint film so it can be the substrate for PPGL (pre-painted galvalume) steel.
- It has good processing performance and can be punched, sheared, welded, etc. for other uses.
- High cost: GL coil is more expensive than galvanized, HR and CR coils.
- Thickness: The option of coating thickness and coil thickness is limited. The sheet thickness ranges between 0.2-4mm generally.
- Not-suited for livestock facilities: GL coil is widely used in building materials, household appliances, automobiles, machinery, ships and so on. But it should not be used for animal confinement spaces. Galvalume coil will corrode faster than galvanized metal when exposed to animal urine.
Store GL steel coils and sheets indoors and keep the storage area dry and ventilated. Do not store it for a long time in an acidic environment. When storing outdoors, protect from rain and avoid condensation
Featured articles and news
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?