- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 15 Feb 2021
Guidance on the code of practice for property flood resilience, published by CIRIA in 2021, defines flood resistance as: ‘The use of materials and approaches to safely keep water out of the property. This relates to water exclusion.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BREEAM Flood risk management.
- Building flood resilience.
- Environment Agency.
- Flood risk.
- Property flood resilience.
- Pumps and dewatering equipment.
- River engineering.
- Sustainable urban drainage systems.
- Temporary flood defences.
- Water engineering.
- Water table.
- Workplace design – flood protection.
Featured articles and news
A review of achievements and disappointments.
IHBC responds to PDR and defence infrastructure development.
Final report proposes improvements for UK-wide transport infrastructure.
The decarbonisation transition has begun.
Can smart homes take care of their occupants?
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.