- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 07 Oct 2020
Detailed design report
The detailed design report might include:
- A design and access statement.
- Site layout plans.
- Functional layouts.
- Circulation and operational strategy.
- Floor plans, sections and elevations.
- 3d modelling.
- Details of wall enclosures.
- Details of doors and windows.
- Details of key specification items such as door handles, plumbing fixtures and so on.
- Reflected ceiling plan.
- Key technical designs.
- Co-ordination between architectural and engineering design.
- Phasing, demolition and decanting strategies.
- The use of materials and the potential for re-use, recycling and waste handling (see site waste management plan).
- Structural design criteria.
- Cleaning and maintenance strategy.
- Site services analysis (existing gas, water, electrical, mechanical, etc. services).
- Building services design criteria.
- Services strategy.
- Health and safety strategy.
- Fire strategy.
- Status of approvals.
- Risk assessment.
- Cost plan.
- Programme and phasing.
- Procurement strategy.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The virtual learning event examines Historic Places - People Places.
Getting post-pandemic infrastructure on the right track.
One of England's grandest country houses.
Take just two minutes to provide your feedback.
An update of standards and regulations is under consideration.
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.
These tactical structures can be permanent or temporary.
Organisation recognises milestones of the project's next phase.
Welding and metalworking businesses must manage respiratory risks.
New report explores how regulations are being put into action.
The golden thread and BS 8644-1.
Bitumen binder may delay road surface deterioration.