- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Jul 2019
Detailed design report
The detailed design report might include:
- A design and access statement.
- Site layout plans.
- Functional layouts.
- Circulation and operational strategy.
- Floor plans, sections and elevations.
- 3d modelling.
- Details of wall enclosures.
- Details of doors and windows.
- Details of key specification items such as door handles, plumbing fixtures and so on.
- Reflected ceiling plan.
- Key technical designs.
- Co-ordination between architectural and engineering design.
- Phasing, demolition and decanting strategies.
- The use of materials and the potential for re-use, recycling and waste handling (see site waste management plan).
- Structural design criteria.
- Cleaning and maintenance strategy.
- Site services analysis (existing gas, water, electrical, mechanical, etc. services).
- Building services design criteria.
- Services strategy.
- Health and safety strategy.
- Fire strategy.
- Status of approvals.
- Risk assessment.
- Cost plan.
- Programme and phasing.
- Procurement strategy.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Engineering services in the spotlight.
The Government's Summer 2020 economic update.
Getting organised below the surface.
Securing suitable water systems.
Love them or hate them, they are popping up everywhere.
The initiative to enhance the environment continues.
Could underused community spaces offer an alternative to working from home?
Keeping workers and workplaces safe in the United States.
A history lesson in geographic information systems.
A low tech, easy to use method of extinguishing small fires.
How can these valued spaces be reused?
Partnership avoids the need for listed building consent.