- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Nov 2015
Detailed design report
The detailed design report might include:
- A design and access statement.
- Site layout plans.
- Functional layouts.
- Circulation and operational strategy.
- Floor plans, sections and elevations.
- 3d modelling.
- Details of wall enclosures.
- Details of doors and windows.
- Details of key specification items such as door handles, plumbing fixtures and so on.
- Reflected ceiling plan.
- Key technical designs.
- Co-ordination between architectural and engineering design.
- Phasing, demolition and decanting strategies.
- The use of materials and the potential for re-use, recycling and waste handling (see site waste management plan).
- Structural design criteria.
- Cleaning and maintenance strategy.
- Site services analysis (existing gas, water, electrical, mechanical, etc. services).
- Building services design criteria.
- Services strategy.
- Health and safety strategy.
- Fire strategy.
- Status of approvals.
- Risk assessment.
- Cost plan.
- Programme and phasing.
- Procurement strategy.
It should only include required, or key co-ordinated information and necessary interpretation and should not duplicate information that already exists elsewhere.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Seven steps to defining a digital twin.
Achieving air tightness in buildings.
What are the benefits of smart homes for Millennial end-users?
How dynamic briefing can result in an efficient project.
Achieving sustainable roads funding in England.
Your chance to comment on the draft BS 851188 - flood resistance products and flood protection products.
Rebuilding could take 20 to 40 years.
RSHP’s high-rise residential towers win a tall buildings award for excellence.
BSRIA study reveals strong growth in 2018.
Dame Judith Hackitt confirmed as keynote speaker – one year on from the Hackitt Report.
Save £100 on tickets.
Modern slavery in the construction sector.
What to bear in mind when claiming damages in construction.
How do we achieve sustainable clean-water infrastructure for all?