- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 07 Oct 2020
Detailed design report
The detailed design report might include:
- A design and access statement.
- Site layout plans.
- Functional layouts.
- Circulation and operational strategy.
- Floor plans, sections and elevations.
- 3d modelling.
- Details of wall enclosures.
- Details of doors and windows.
- Details of key specification items such as door handles, plumbing fixtures and so on.
- Reflected ceiling plan.
- Key technical designs.
- Co-ordination between architectural and engineering design.
- Phasing, demolition and decanting strategies.
- The use of materials and the potential for re-use, recycling and waste handling (see site waste management plan).
- Structural design criteria.
- Cleaning and maintenance strategy.
- Site services analysis (existing gas, water, electrical, mechanical, etc. services).
- Building services design criteria.
- Services strategy.
- Health and safety strategy.
- Fire strategy.
- Status of approvals.
- Risk assessment.
- Cost plan.
- Programme and phasing.
- Procurement strategy.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.
Organisation revises actions around dealing with COVID-19.
CIOB, NFCC, RIBA, RICS call for changes ahead of Building Safety Bill.
Developments in the Future Homes Standard.
An American chimney feature with a colourful past.
Homes based on need, not ability to pay.
Historic England adds 216 entries to the 'at risk' register.
Will cycling and walking provisions be preserved?
Assembly point levels range from relative to ultimate.