Detailed design report
The detailed design report might include:
- A design and access statement.
- Site layout plans.
- Functional layouts.
- Circulation and operational strategy.
- Floor plans, sections and elevations.
- 3d modelling.
- Details of wall enclosures.
- Details of doors and windows.
- Details of key specification items such as door handles, plumbing fixtures and so on.
- Reflected ceiling plan.
- Key technical designs.
- Co-ordination between architectural and engineering design.
- Phasing, demolition and decanting strategies.
- The use of materials and the potential for re-use, recycling and waste handling (see site waste management plan).
- Structural design criteria.
- Cleaning and maintenance strategy.
- Site services analysis (existing gas, water, electrical, mechanical, etc. services).
- Building services design criteria.
- Services strategy.
- Health and safety strategy.
- Fire strategy.
- Status of approvals.
- Risk assessment.
- Cost plan.
- Programme and phasing.
- Procurement strategy.
The report should highlighting any instructions required from the client.
It should only include required, or key co-ordinated information and necessary interpretation and should not duplicate information that already exists elsewhere.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
What is Modernism?
Modernist architecture and its many international variations explained.
BRE support Europe-wide strategic heating plans for local and national authorities.
Work set to begin on 'one of America's greatest parks', which will be 10 times bigger than Central Park.
One of our most popular articles - RSHP's Mike Davies writes about the concept design process.
As Cuba mourn the death of Castro, major renovation of this symbolic landmark may be a reflection of the country's fresh start.
How cannabis plants are used to create an alternative building material with plenty of advantages.
What does Mayor Sadiq Khan's first policy statement mean for London's infrastructure?
Bjarke Ingels Group announced as winners of design competition for new residential landmark in Amsterdam.
Designing Buildings Wiki has reviewed a well-designed and researched set of architecture city maps.
Designing Buildings Wiki attended the second annual Building Live conference, tackling the challenges facing construction.