- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 22 Aug 2023
Literature suggests that while the term ‘research’ is not widely used by most architects (though that this view may now have become outdated) as the later publication in this series How architects use research shows – many of them undertake activities that can be seen as research,even if they might not consider it is themselves.
- Design Research: research that is undertaken by architects and their collaborators in the course of a project; and
- Research Projects: research that is done by architects and others, in practice and academia, outside the scope of architectural projects.
- Research activity carried out specifically to inform or evaluate a building/project, for example during the client briefing process or POE; and
- A broader category of research that encompasses all the work done to gather, evaluate, interpret and share information in the course of the design and construction process.
- Advanced construction technology.
- Case study.
- Category:Research / Innovation.
- CIAT agrees to collaboration arrangement with CIB.
- C-K theory.
- Construction industry publishing.
- Construction innovation.
- Construction reports.
- Development appraisal.
- Innovation in construction projects.
- Modern methods of construction.
- Qualitative research and the built environment.
- Quantitative v qualitative.
- Research and development tax relief.
- Research in the construction industry.
Featured articles and news
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).
No longer enforcing certain waste transfer documentation.
Winners reactions during the event at the Park Plaza Hotel.
An exciting opportunity for stakeholders to collaborate.
Report from the BSRIA Briefing 2023, Cleaner Air, Better Tomorrow.