- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Mar 2019
Consultation in the built environment
A public consultation is a process in which the general public’s views and opinions are sought, for example, on planning applications, or major infrastructure projects that will have significant impact upon an area. For more information see: Consultation process.
Private consultation is a process in which professional consultants are appointed by a client to perform expert tasks on a project, such as the appointment of an architect, engineer, quantity surveyor and so on. For more information, see Consultant team.
The term ‘consultation’ can also refer to a consultation paper, which is a policy document published by the government (or other bodies) and intended for public comment and feedback on its contents and the issues it raises.
- Appointing consultants.
- Consultant team start-up meeting.
- Consultation on banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings.
- Consultation on proposed changes to national planning policy.
- Consultation process.
- Consulting engineer.
- Cost consultant.
- Environmental consultant.
- Green Deal Consultation.
- Information and communications technology (ICT) consultant.
- Lead consultant.
- Local consultants.
- Management consultant.
- Non-statutory consultees.
- Northern transport consultation.
- PAS 1192-2 consultation.
- Planning consultant.
- Road improvement scheme consultation.
- Section 106 consultation.
- SuDS consultation.
- Technical consultation on planning.
Featured articles and news
BSRIA report suggest the European market will double to 415 million Euros by 2023.
Do you understand the different types of stone and which ones you should use where?
Why a wellbeing strategy is vital for property managers.
An ECA briefing for members about the commercial implications of leaving the EU.
A crucial moment on any project - and fraught with danger.
The performance gap from a Northern Ireland perspective.
Book review: Buildings of protestant nonconformity.
Design and testing for health and wellbeing - free download from BRE.
Retention in construction contracts.
Campaign for the reform of cash retentions.
The key points for the construction industry and BSRIA's response.