- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 28 Jun 2019
Consultation in the built environment
A public consultation is a process in which the general public’s views and opinions are sought, for example, on planning applications, or major infrastructure projects that will have significant impact upon an area. For more information see: Consultation process.
Private consultation is a process in which professional consultants are appointed by a client to perform expert tasks on a project, such as the appointment of an architect, engineer, quantity surveyor and so on. For more information, see Consultant team.
The term ‘consultation’ can also refer to a consultation paper, which is a policy document published by the government (or other bodies) and intended for public comment and feedback on its contents and the issues it raises.
- Appointing consultants.
- Consultant team start-up meeting.
- Consultation on banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings.
- Community engagement.
- Consultation on proposed changes to national planning policy.
- Consultation process.
- Consulting engineer.
- Cost consultant.
- Environmental consultant.
- Green Deal Consultation.
- Information and communications technology (ICT) consultant.
- Lead consultant.
- Local consultants.
- Management consultant.
- Non-statutory consultees.
- Northern transport consultation.
- PAS 1192-2 consultation.
- Planning consultant.
- Road improvement scheme consultation.
- Section 106 consultation.
- SuDS consultation.
- Technical consultation on planning.
Featured articles and news
RSHP's Merano wins RIBA accolade.
How to differentiate between partial possession and early use.
Ofwat proposes £12 billion additional investment and £50 bill reductions.
Avoiding 'winner's curse' and other useful info.
Developing test methods for video flame/smoke detectors
Waiting for a new deal ...but will funding materialise?
Our servers have reached another milestone. Why not write an article and be seen by our 6.5 million users.
RSHP celebrates competition win in Paris.
All about approved inspectors.
Whilst apparently confusing, German conservation is actually not that different.
The rise and fall of council housing. Book review.
Drivers of change in global heating markets.