- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Jan 2021
Construction Health and Safety Group CHSG
The Construction Health and Safety Group (CHSG) was formed in 1952. Its original name was The London Building and Engineering Construction Accident Prevention Group but the organisation changed its name (after several other iterations) to The Construction Health and Safety Group in 1976.
- To protect and preserve occupational health and safety in the construction industry.
- To study aspects of the industry and related operations necessary to improve occupational health and safety and arrange and provide suitable training to meet those needs.
- To foster and develop cooperation between government, employers and trade unions in matters concerning health and safety.
The Construction Health and Safety Group maintains ties with several safety organisations, including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), British Standards (BSI), British Safety Council, The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH), Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA England), British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) and Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE).
The organisation can offer accredited courses as a result of these affiliations.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction fire safety responsibility and competence matrix.
- Construction Industry Training Board CITB.
- COVID-19 and mental health within construction firms.
- Fire safety training.
- Health and safety.
- Health and Safety Executive HSE.
- Mental health in the construction industry.
- Safety in the construction industry.
- The Importance of Health and Safety Training.
Featured articles and news
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.