- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Jan 2021
Construction Health and Safety Group CHSG
The Construction Health and Safety Group (CHSG) was formed in 1952. Its original name was The London Building and Engineering Construction Accident Prevention Group but the organisation changed its name (after several other iterations) to The Construction Health and Safety Group in 1976.
- To protect and preserve occupational health and safety in the construction industry.
- To study aspects of the industry and related operations necessary to improve occupational health and safety and arrange and provide suitable training to meet those needs.
- To foster and develop cooperation between government, employers and trade unions in matters concerning health and safety.
The Construction Health and Safety Group maintains ties with several safety organisations, including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), British Standards (BSI), British Safety Council, The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH), Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA England), British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) and Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE).
The organisation can offer accredited courses as a result of these affiliations.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction fire safety responsibility and competence matrix.
- Construction Industry Training Board CITB.
- COVID-19 and mental health within construction firms.
- Fire safety training.
- Health and safety.
- Health and Safety Executive HSE.
- Mental health in the construction industry.
- Safety in the construction industry.
- The Importance of Health and Safety Training.
Featured articles and news
Her development as a thinker and writer. Book review.
Smart motorway strategies.
Actuate UK urges change of deadline to at least December 2022.
Study shows harmful impact of late payments on SME personnel.
Upcoming changes to the commercial supply and purchase of chemicals.
CLC introduces card for learners.
CIOB members recognised for public procurement.
Experts discuss the complex issues damaging the supply chain.
The co-founder of Get Kids into Survey discusses career paths for kids.
Report examines lack of detail in the Government's vision.
Look up construction terms on any website direct from your browser.
The revival of the public sphere in Toronto.
The story behind the copycat architecture craze.
Insight into construction materials supply and demand issues.