- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 06 Apr 2022
Benefits of Galvanized Steel Coil
- Corrosion and rust resistance: The main advantage of galvanised steel coil is its anti-corrosion and anti-rust properties. The iron element in steel is a highly reactive chemical, prone to rusting. but the addition of zinc plays a role of protective buffer between the steel and moisture or oxygen. So the zinc coating acts as a barrier to resist external attacks, and will sacrifice itself to protect the underlying steel.
- Life expectancy: With galvanization, the life expectancy of GI coil is far in excess of 50 years in working environments, and it can last over 20 years with severe water exposure.
- Cost: Firstly, galvanizing is a lower overall cost compared to other coatings. In addition, galvanized steel coil can be applied at any time when delivered. It does not require additional preparation for the surface, inspections, painting or coatings.
- Durability and reliability: Galvanized steel often uses hot rolled or cold rolled steel coil as base metal. The strength of steel is high and the zinc coating is solid and enduring.
- Complete protection: Every inch of a galvanized steel coil is protected, including recesses, sharp edges, and inaccessible areas, making it resistant to damage.
- Ease of inspection: The product has simple structure and design, so it can be assessed readily by the naked eye and simple non-destructive thickness testing methods can be used.
- Applications: It can be used in construction, home appliances, transportation, windows, doors, refrigerators and so on.
- It can also be further processed for other use as colour coated coil/sheet substrate, steel strip substrate and so on.
Featured articles and news
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?