- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Nov 2019
Assembly and recreation definition
It defines 'assembly and recreation' as a:
- bingo halls, broadcasting, recording and film studios open to the public, casinos, dance halls
- entertainment, conference, exhibition and leisure centres
- funfairs and amusement arcades
- museums and art galleries, non-residential clubs, theatres, cinemas, concert halls
- educational establishments, dancing schools, gymnasia, swimming pool buildings, riding schools, skating rinks, sports pavilions, sports stadia
- law courts
- churches and other buildings of worship, crematoria
- libraries open to the public, non-residential day centres, clinics, health centres and surgeries
- passenger stations and termini for air, rail, road or sea travel
- public toilets
- zoos and menageries.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Domestic Retrofit training course.
Preparing to sell a commercial property.
Local Plan Route Mapper and toolkit.
Thermal mass in buildings.
CIAT's AT Academy.
The UK's most dangerous industries to work in.
Achieving an alternative route into the profession.
Why construction is so corrupt.
Restoration of Alfred Waterhouse’s Manchester Town Hall.
Widening access to hidden architectural treasures.
A material with exciting potential.