- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2020
Assembly and recreation definition
It defines 'assembly and recreation' as a:
- bingo halls, broadcasting, recording and film studios open to the public, casinos, dance halls
- entertainment, conference, exhibition and leisure centres
- funfairs and amusement arcades
- museums and art galleries, non-residential clubs, theatres, cinemas, concert halls
- educational establishments, dancing schools, gymnasia, swimming pool buildings, riding schools, skating rinks, sports pavilions, sports stadia
- law courts
- churches and other buildings of worship, crematoria
- libraries open to the public, non-residential day centres, clinics, health centres and surgeries
- passenger stations and termini for air, rail, road or sea travel
- public toilets
- zoos and menageries.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.
CIOB urges construction to share PPE with healthcare providers.
Why not write that article you've always meant to?
One of the seven man-made wonders of Arizona.
A more flexible approach is needed.
A quick step-by-step introduction to the BREEAM process.
First pioneered in the USA and then France.
The European BACS market has been showing signs of growth.
Free ICE publication for World Water Day.