- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Nov 2019
Assembly and recreation definition
It defines 'assembly and recreation' as a:
- bingo halls, broadcasting, recording and film studios open to the public, casinos, dance halls
- entertainment, conference, exhibition and leisure centres
- funfairs and amusement arcades
- museums and art galleries, non-residential clubs, theatres, cinemas, concert halls
- educational establishments, dancing schools, gymnasia, swimming pool buildings, riding schools, skating rinks, sports pavilions, sports stadia
- law courts
- churches and other buildings of worship, crematoria
- libraries open to the public, non-residential day centres, clinics, health centres and surgeries
- passenger stations and termini for air, rail, road or sea travel
- public toilets
- zoos and menageries.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Widening access to hidden architectural treasures.
A material with exciting potential.
ECA-partnered survey shows the clear benefits.
Hire for potential, not competence.
A single knowledge hub for global infrastructure.
Compliance in construction.
The growth of the smart homes market.
Giving professional advice to friends.
Towards a radical eclecticism.
Showing the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
Soft Landings for refurbishment projects.