- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 22 Mar 2021
Assembly and recreation definition
It defines 'assembly and recreation' as a:
- bingo halls, broadcasting, recording and film studios open to the public, casinos, dance halls
- entertainment, conference, exhibition and leisure centres
- funfairs and amusement arcades
- museums and art galleries, non-residential clubs, theatres, cinemas, concert halls
- educational establishments, dancing schools, gymnasia, swimming pool buildings, riding schools, skating rinks, sports pavilions, sports stadia
- law courts
- churches and other buildings of worship, crematoria
- libraries open to the public, non-residential day centres, clinics, health centres and surgeries
- passenger stations and termini for air, rail, road or sea travel
- public toilets
- zoos and menageries.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.