- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Jul 2022
Definition of arbitration agreement.
(2) The reference in an agreement to a written form of arbitration clause or to a document containing an arbitration clause constitutes an arbitration agreement if the reference is such as to make that clause part of the agreement.
It may also be called an 'agreement to refer 'and essentially means that contractually the parties signing up to a building contract agree to enter into a process known as arbitration if a dispute arises.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution legislation.
- Arbitration Act.
- Arbitration panel.
- Arbitration v Adjudication.
- Arbitration in the construction industry
- Construction Industry Model Arbitration Rules CIMAR.
- Dispute resolution.
- Dispute resolution boards.
- Dispute resolution procedure.
- Expert determination.
- Pay now argue later.
- Pendulum arbitration.
Featured articles and news
Main barrier to entering the profession, new study reveals.
On Levelling-Up and Regeneration Bill.
Over 70 managers and organisations shortlisted for the 14 awards.
From biometric to electrical current, chemical and more.
Changes are due to come into force on 1st October 2022.
Heed advice and insight of this report IPA tells the government.
From the Commonwealth Association of Architects.
For the Levelling Up, Housing & Communities Committee.
BSRIA's Technical Director reflects on recent weather patterns.
A national valuation to fund old-age pensions.
The world’s largest Commonwealth memorial to the missing.
Long after the end of the defects liability period.
Occupant satisfaction and wellbeing in buildings.
From the simple to the complex.
And the UK Government guidelines.
Commitment agreed to by major built environment bodies.
Electrical skills, low carbon, high-tech and the building services revolution.
Ultra-deep drilling with millimeter-wave beam technology.
Looking at the built environment from space.
BSI standards 8671, 8672 and 8673.
Bringing life to burial grounds.
From failed modernism to twenty-minute neighbourhoods.
The gates process and change control.