- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Jul 2022
Definition of arbitration agreement.
(2) The reference in an agreement to a written form of arbitration clause or to a document containing an arbitration clause constitutes an arbitration agreement if the reference is such as to make that clause part of the agreement.
It may also be called an 'agreement to refer 'and essentially means that contractually the parties signing up to a building contract agree to enter into a process known as arbitration if a dispute arises.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution legislation.
- Arbitration Act.
- Arbitration panel.
- Arbitration v Adjudication.
- Arbitration in the construction industry
- Construction Industry Model Arbitration Rules CIMAR.
- Dispute resolution.
- Dispute resolution boards.
- Dispute resolution procedure.
- Expert determination.
- Pay now argue later.
- Pendulum arbitration.
Featured articles and news
Interview with historic built environment surveyor.
Upgraded membership category now requires assessment.
Temperature in buildings, explained on DB
Main barrier to entering the profession, new study reveals.
On Levelling-Up and Regeneration Bill.
Over 70 managers and organisations shortlisted for the 14 awards.
From biometric to electrical current, chemical and more.
Changes are due to come into force on 1st October 2022.
Heed advice and insight of this report IPA tells the government.
From the Commonwealth Association of Architects.