- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Jul 2022
Definition of arbitration agreement.
(2) The reference in an agreement to a written form of arbitration clause or to a document containing an arbitration clause constitutes an arbitration agreement if the reference is such as to make that clause part of the agreement.
It may also be called an 'agreement to refer 'and essentially means that contractually the parties signing up to a building contract agree to enter into a process known as arbitration if a dispute arises.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution legislation.
- Arbitration Act.
- Arbitration panel.
- Arbitration v Adjudication.
- Arbitration in the construction industry
- Construction Industry Model Arbitration Rules CIMAR.
- Dispute resolution.
- Dispute resolution boards.
- Dispute resolution procedure.
- Expert determination.
- Pay now argue later.
- Pendulum arbitration.
Featured articles and news
From the basics to the future from our Cohesive BIM wiki.
As electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.