- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Mar 2019
The accessibility Index (AI) is a measure that provides an indicator of accessibility and density of the public transport networks for an individual home. The index can be influenced by the proximity and diversity of the public transport network and the frequency of service at the accessible node.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Approved Document M.
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design.
- Disability Discrimination Act DDA.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Essential principles, Creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
- Healthy planning policy and monitoring in Southwark and Lambeth.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifetime homes.
- Lifetime neighbourhoods.
- People with disabilities.
Featured articles and news
Tackling domestic abuse.
Disallowed costs vs. defined costs. Which is which?
Coping with the loss of local authority conservation services.
Remedial works could save the NHS £95 million a year.
One of Europe’s largest waterfront transformations.
How BIM was used to produce an information model of a home.
Skyscrapers of the future will be built of wood.
How to increase your chances of winning.
Benefits, not cost, should be the focus.
Formula E drives electric vehicle market forward.
Moorfields building sets UK pile-loading record.