- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Mar 2019
The accessibility Index (AI) is a measure that provides an indicator of accessibility and density of the public transport networks for an individual home. The index can be influenced by the proximity and diversity of the public transport network and the frequency of service at the accessible node.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Approved Document M.
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design.
- Disability Discrimination Act DDA.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Essential principles, Creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
- Healthy planning policy and monitoring in Southwark and Lambeth.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifetime homes.
- Lifetime neighbourhoods.
- People with disabilities.
Featured articles and news
Another year of growth, says BSRIA.
Property practices to help tenant retention.
Fire rips through HPL cladding in Bolton.
Disturbing complacency over short courses.
The new science of building engineering physics.
How new technologies and processes could impact on energy efficiency and wellbeing.
BRE launches the BREEAM Data Centres Annex Pilot.
Replacing lanterns and overthrows in Great Pulteney Street.
Will market-led regeneration work without state intervention?
The New Towns