- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Dec 2020
The accessibility Index (AI) is a measure that provides an indicator of accessibility and density of the public transport networks for an individual home. The index can be influenced by the proximity and diversity of the public transport network and the frequency of service at the accessible node.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Approved Document M.
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design.
- Disability Discrimination Act DDA.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Essential principles, Creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
- Healthy planning policy and monitoring in Southwark and Lambeth.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifetime homes.
- Lifetime neighbourhoods.
- People with disabilities.
Featured articles and news
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.
The pressures and pinch points of global destinations.