- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Mar 2019
The accessibility Index (AI) is a measure that provides an indicator of accessibility and density of the public transport networks for an individual home. The index can be influenced by the proximity and diversity of the public transport network and the frequency of service at the accessible node.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Approved Document M.
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design.
- Disability Discrimination Act DDA.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Essential principles, Creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
- Healthy planning policy and monitoring in Southwark and Lambeth.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifetime homes.
- Lifetime neighbourhoods.
- People with disabilities.
Featured articles and news
How are bids evaluated?
Ensuring products contribute to personal safety.
Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
A new theory for managing large complex projects.
A new guide to fire safety and security in the selection of doorsets.
Review of the long-awaited discourse on these beautifully produced, colourful wallpapers.
Well-designed lighting helps maintain a healthy physiological and psychological balance.
Transferring the risk for obtaining the target BREEAM rating.
A simple but effective way to determine the root cause of an issue.
BSRIA report suggest the European market will double to 415 million Euros by 2023.