- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Mar 2019
The accessibility Index (AI) is a measure that provides an indicator of accessibility and density of the public transport networks for an individual home. The index can be influenced by the proximity and diversity of the public transport network and the frequency of service at the accessible node.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access audit.
- Access consultant.
- Approved Document M.
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design.
- Disability Discrimination Act DDA.
- Equality Act.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Essential principles, Creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
- Healthy planning policy and monitoring in Southwark and Lambeth.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifetime homes.
- Lifetime neighbourhoods.
- People with disabilities.
Featured articles and news
Evaluating occupant satisfaction.
The Ancona eco-mansion
What is the cost of not getting it right first time?
The government announces a new role as part of a wider package of safety reform.
Lessons for the next UK road investment strategy.
Architectural Technology Studio 3
Construction Industry Advisory Committee CONIAC
The real impact of late payment.
How to tell which infrastructure projects will work.
The government announces the biggest change in building safety for a generation.
Key messages from the UN COP 25 conference.