- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 02 Dec 2020
Water technology list
The aim of the Water Technology List is to encourage businesses to save money by investing in technology and products that reduce water use and improve water quality. This is achieved by permitting businesses to claim Enhanced Capital Allowances (“ECA”) under the ECA Water Scheme.
Items on the list that might be eligible include:
- cleaning-in-place equipment - monitoring and control equipment, and spray devices
- efficient showers - aerated showerheads, auto shut-off showers, flow regulators, low-flow showerheads and thermostatic controlled showers
- efficient taps - automatic shut-off taps, electronic taps, low-flow screw-down or lever taps and spray taps
- efficient toilets - low-flush toilets, retrofit WC flushing devices and urinal controls
- efficient washing machines - efficient commercial and industrial washing machines
- flow controllers - control and flow-limiting devices
- leakage detection equipment - data loggers, pressure-reducing valve controllers, and remote meter-reading and leak-warning devices
- meters and monitoring equipment - flow meters and water management software
- rainwater harvesting equipment - monitoring and control equipment, rainwater filtration equipment and rainwater storage vessels
- small-scale slurry and sludge dewatering equipment - belt press, centrifuge and filter press equipment
- vehicle-wash water reclaim units - partial or full reclaim systems
- water efficient industrial cleaning equipment - scrubber/driers (walk-behind and ride-on machines) and steam cleaners
- water management equipment for mechanical seals - seal water recycling units, internal flow regulators, and monitoring and control units
- water reuse systems - see the section below on ECAs for water reuse systems
For a full explanation of eligible technology, see DEFRA: Enhanced capital allowance scheme for water, Water Technology Criteria List, June 2013.
Written by --Martinc 10:59, 14 August 2013 (BST)
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC
Designing Buildings is 10 years old.
From alteration to deconstruction on DB.