- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 30 Nov 2015
Water technology list
The aim of the Water Technology List is to encourage businesses to save money by investing in technology and products that reduce water use and improve water quality. This is achieved by permitting businesses to claim Enhanced Capital Allowances (“ECA”) under the ECA Water Scheme.
Items on the list that might be eligible include:
- cleaning-in-place equipment - monitoring and control equipment, and spray devices
- efficient showers - aerated showerheads, auto shut-off showers, flow regulators, low-flow showerheads and thermostatic controlled showers
- efficient taps - automatic shut-off taps, electronic taps, low-flow screw-down or lever taps and spray taps
- efficient toilets - low-flush toilets, retrofit WC flushing devices and urinal controls
- efficient washing machines - efficient commercial and industrial washing machines
- flow controllers - control and flow-limiting devices
- leakage detection equipment - data loggers, pressure-reducing valve controllers, and remote meter-reading and leak-warning devices
- meters and monitoring equipment - flow meters and water management software
- rainwater harvesting equipment - monitoring and control equipment, rainwater filtration equipment and rainwater storage vessels
- small-scale slurry and sludge dewatering equipment - belt press, centrifuge and filter press equipment
- vehicle-wash water reclaim units - partial or full reclaim systems
- water efficient industrial cleaning equipment - scrubber/driers (walk-behind and ride-on machines) and steam cleaners
- water management equipment for mechanical seals - seal water recycling units, internal flow regulators, and monitoring and control units
- water reuse systems - see the section below on ECAs for water reuse systems
For a full explanation of eligible technology, see DEFRA: Enhanced capital allowance scheme for water, Water Technology Criteria List, June 2013.
Written by --Martinc 10:59, 14 August 2013 (BST)
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The rainbow JCB will be making a welcome return to the London Build Expo on 23 and 24 October at Olympia.
An introductory article to external works - all activities carried out to the external environment of a building project.
With the clock ticking, RIBA say that a 'no deal Brexit' will be "disastrous" for the architecture profession.
The focus is generally on the lime binder, but the aggregate is actually the most significant element.
The importance of communication, collaboration and simplicity when planning construction projects.
New working group is set up to consider options for raising standards across the property agent sector.
BSRIA provide a top 10 list of recent legislation and guidance affecting buildings.
Record third-time winner of the RIBA Stirling Prize - our profile of one of the world's most celebrated architects.
Foster + Partner's London Bloomberg HQ building wins the 2018 Stirling Prize.
A release schedule is prepared if not all required information has been prepared or issued when the contract is executed.