- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Mar 2019
Water technology list
The aim of the Water Technology List is to encourage businesses to save money by investing in technology and products that reduce water use and improve water quality. This is achieved by permitting businesses to claim Enhanced Capital Allowances (“ECA”) under the ECA Water Scheme.
Items on the list that might be eligible include:
- cleaning-in-place equipment - monitoring and control equipment, and spray devices
- efficient showers - aerated showerheads, auto shut-off showers, flow regulators, low-flow showerheads and thermostatic controlled showers
- efficient taps - automatic shut-off taps, electronic taps, low-flow screw-down or lever taps and spray taps
- efficient toilets - low-flush toilets, retrofit WC flushing devices and urinal controls
- efficient washing machines - efficient commercial and industrial washing machines
- flow controllers - control and flow-limiting devices
- leakage detection equipment - data loggers, pressure-reducing valve controllers, and remote meter-reading and leak-warning devices
- meters and monitoring equipment - flow meters and water management software
- rainwater harvesting equipment - monitoring and control equipment, rainwater filtration equipment and rainwater storage vessels
- small-scale slurry and sludge dewatering equipment - belt press, centrifuge and filter press equipment
- vehicle-wash water reclaim units - partial or full reclaim systems
- water efficient industrial cleaning equipment - scrubber/driers (walk-behind and ride-on machines) and steam cleaners
- water management equipment for mechanical seals - seal water recycling units, internal flow regulators, and monitoring and control units
- water reuse systems - see the section below on ECAs for water reuse systems
For a full explanation of eligible technology, see DEFRA: Enhanced capital allowance scheme for water, Water Technology Criteria List, June 2013.
Written by --Martinc 10:59, 14 August 2013 (BST)
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Industrial Buildings Allowance
ICE outlines plan for more effective infrastructure.
A review of Scotland’s historic lighthouses.
Choosing the most suitable heating system.
Another year of growth, says BSRIA.
Property practices to help tenant retention.
Fire rips through HPL cladding in Bolton.
Disturbing complacency over short courses.
The new science of building engineering physics.
How new technologies and processes could impact on energy efficiency and wellbeing.
BRE launches the BREEAM Data Centres Annex Pilot.
Replacing lanterns and overthrows in Great Pulteney Street.