- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 02 Dec 2020
Water technology list
The aim of the Water Technology List is to encourage businesses to save money by investing in technology and products that reduce water use and improve water quality. This is achieved by permitting businesses to claim Enhanced Capital Allowances (“ECA”) under the ECA Water Scheme.
Items on the list that might be eligible include:
- cleaning-in-place equipment - monitoring and control equipment, and spray devices
- efficient showers - aerated showerheads, auto shut-off showers, flow regulators, low-flow showerheads and thermostatic controlled showers
- efficient taps - automatic shut-off taps, electronic taps, low-flow screw-down or lever taps and spray taps
- efficient toilets - low-flush toilets, retrofit WC flushing devices and urinal controls
- efficient washing machines - efficient commercial and industrial washing machines
- flow controllers - control and flow-limiting devices
- leakage detection equipment - data loggers, pressure-reducing valve controllers, and remote meter-reading and leak-warning devices
- meters and monitoring equipment - flow meters and water management software
- rainwater harvesting equipment - monitoring and control equipment, rainwater filtration equipment and rainwater storage vessels
- small-scale slurry and sludge dewatering equipment - belt press, centrifuge and filter press equipment
- vehicle-wash water reclaim units - partial or full reclaim systems
- water efficient industrial cleaning equipment - scrubber/driers (walk-behind and ride-on machines) and steam cleaners
- water management equipment for mechanical seals - seal water recycling units, internal flow regulators, and monitoring and control units
- water reuse systems - see the section below on ECAs for water reuse systems
For a full explanation of eligible technology, see DEFRA: Enhanced capital allowance scheme for water, Water Technology Criteria List, June 2013.
Written by --Martinc 10:59, 14 August 2013 (BST)
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.