- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 31 Mar 2021
- From central heating with hot water cylinder: the central heating provides hot water for space heating while also providing hot water via a separate storage cylinder.
- From central heating (no hot water cylinder): the central heating provides hot water for space heating and can provide hot water on demand negating the need for a storage cylinder, therefore requiring less space.
- Immersion heater: an electric element heats water in a storage cylinder, used solely for hot water (not for central heating).
- Instantaneous: hot water heated as needed by an appliance (not a boiler) fuelled by for example gas or electricity.
- Dedicated boiler: hot water supplied from a boiler only used for hot water (not central heating).
Ref English Housing Survey, Energy efficiency, 2018-19, published by the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government in July 2020.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.
Why government can't support public transport forever.
Government introduces the Information Management Mandate.