- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 31 Mar 2021
- From central heating with hot water cylinder: the central heating provides hot water for space heating while also providing hot water via a separate storage cylinder.
- From central heating (no hot water cylinder): the central heating provides hot water for space heating and can provide hot water on demand negating the need for a storage cylinder, therefore requiring less space.
- Immersion heater: an electric element heats water in a storage cylinder, used solely for hot water (not for central heating).
- Instantaneous: hot water heated as needed by an appliance (not a boiler) fuelled by for example gas or electricity.
- Dedicated boiler: hot water supplied from a boiler only used for hot water (not central heating).
Ref English Housing Survey, Energy efficiency, 2018-19, published by the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government in July 2020.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.
Entries being accepted until 20 November 2021.
Fuller’s legacy in the field of resource management.