- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 28 Dec 2020
- From central heating with hot water cylinder: the central heating provides hot water for space heating while also providing hot water via a separate storage cylinder.
- From central heating (no hot water cylinder): the central heating provides hot water for space heating and can provide hot water on demand negating the need for a storage cylinder, therefore requiring less space.
- Immersion heater: an electric element heats water in a storage cylinder, used solely for hot water (not for central heating).
- Instantaneous: hot water heated as needed by an appliance (not a boiler) fuelled by for example gas or electricity.
- Dedicated boiler: hot water supplied from a boiler only used for hot water (not central heating).
Ref English Housing Survey, Energy efficiency, 2018-19, published by the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government in July 2020.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.
Tech will drive professional development in fields tied to infrastructure.