- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 14 May 2019
A track record is a history of past performance or accomplishment – or lack of it – the totality of which may give a third party a good idea of the future performance potential of the subject in question. The term derives from the racetrack, an athlete who has won many races is said to have a ‘good track record’ and converse will be the case if they have lost more races than they have won. Also, an athlete may have the ‘track record’ for the 400m hurdles, meaning they hold the record for the fastest time to complete that event.
A ‘track record’ (whether good or bad) may usually be ascertained from one of the following and may allow a prediction to be made on future potential:
- Past performance in various events or situations (e.g the work of an architect);
- A curriculum vitae (CV);
- Statistics or a table of results.
- Relevant experience.
- Understanding of the requirements.
- Technical skills.
- Management skills.
- Proposed methodology.
- Compliance with the requirements of the submission process.
- Financial standing.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Appointing consultants.
- Auction theory.
- Best value.
- Bid evaluation.
- Design quality for buildings.
- Key performance indicators.
- Bid evaluation.
- Due diligence when selecting contractors or subcontractors
- Invitation to tender.
- Most Economically Advantageous Tender (MEAT).
- Pre qualification questionnaire.
- Procurement route.
- Tender evaluation.
- Selection criteria.
Featured articles and news
Proper materials and maintenance can help reduce rust.
Is the construction sector responding to calls for ED&I?
Engineers pay tribute by sharing their memories.
The hidden price of infrastructure.
BREEAM incorporates wellbeing into its Building Back Better programme.
Administration signals policy changes on some building-related issues.
From inns and coaching houses to boutiques.
Survey reveals green skills gap.
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.