- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Mar 2020
The Engineering Wellbeing Event
The Engineering Wellbeing Event, part of BSRIA’s “Building4Wellbeing” network, returns for the second year in Manchester on 26th March 2020. BSRIA has secured a range of great speakers to discuss why organisations should ensure they have an established wellbeing strategy, and how wellbeing measures can be set, tracked and maintained.
This is the decade in which a culture of wellbeing can no longer be considered a luxury. Most organisations now accept that employee wellbeing is something they cannot afford to ignore. To attract and retain talent, our workplaces need to create an environment where people not only feel safe, but also feel they can thrive and reach their potential.
Venue: Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3WD
- 12.15 Registration & lunch
- 12.40 Welcome – Dr Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 12.50 Why wellbeing is important – Claire Bradbury, Action Sustainability
- 13.15 A Case study for wellbeing – Siobhan McVie, WSP
- 13.40 Smart technologies to enhance occupant wellbeing – Henry Lawson, BSRIA
- 14.05 Q&A – Chaired by Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 14.15 Coffee break
- 14.30 Business case for wellbeing in the workplace – Rob Woollen, PeoplePlus
- 14.55 Monitoring indoor environmental quality – Dr Blanca Beato-Arribas, BSRIA
- 15.20 Q&A – Chaired by Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 15.30 Close
Find out more and book at: https://www.bsria.com/uk/product/nPM46D/building4wellbeing_network_936b4763/
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- All about wellness.
- Assessing health and wellbeing in buildings.
- Biophilic design.
- BSRIA articles.
- Building related illness.
- Indoor air quality.
- Indoor environmental quality.
- Measuring the wellbeing benefits of interior materials.
- Sick building syndrome.
- TG10 2016 At a glance, wellbeing.
- The Flourish Model to enhance wellbeing.
- Thermal comfort and wellbeing.
- WELL and BREEAM align.
- WELL Building Standard.
- Wellbeing and creativity in workplace design - case studies.
Featured articles and news
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.
What type of cool roof is most suitable?
Active Travel programme prioritises cyclists and pedestrians.
CIAT issues caution for use of new standard.
Industry leaders discuss climate change, the economy and other influences.
The building manager is key to operations.
The impact Scotland’s dynamic coast has on the historic environment.
IHBC announces role in new APPG.
How healthy pond ecosystems support biodiversity.
The architecture of the medieval anchorhold.