- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 17 Feb 2021
The Engineering Wellbeing Event
The Engineering Wellbeing Event, part of BSRIA’s “Building4Wellbeing” network, returns for the second year in Manchester on 26th March 2020. BSRIA has secured a range of great speakers to discuss why organisations should ensure they have an established wellbeing strategy, and how wellbeing measures can be set, tracked and maintained.
This is the decade in which a culture of wellbeing can no longer be considered a luxury. Most organisations now accept that employee wellbeing is something they cannot afford to ignore. To attract and retain talent, our workplaces need to create an environment where people not only feel safe, but also feel they can thrive and reach their potential.
Venue: Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3WD
- 12.15 Registration & lunch
- 12.40 Welcome – Dr Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 12.50 Why wellbeing is important – Claire Bradbury, Action Sustainability
- 13.15 A Case study for wellbeing – Siobhan McVie, WSP
- 13.40 Smart technologies to enhance occupant wellbeing – Henry Lawson, BSRIA
- 14.05 Q&A – Chaired by Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 14.15 Coffee break
- 14.30 Business case for wellbeing in the workplace – Rob Woollen, PeoplePlus
- 14.55 Monitoring indoor environmental quality – Dr Blanca Beato-Arribas, BSRIA
- 15.20 Q&A – Chaired by Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 15.30 Close
Find out more and book at: https://www.bsria.com/uk/product/nPM46D/building4wellbeing_network_936b4763/
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- All about wellness.
- Assessing health and wellbeing in buildings.
- Biophilic design.
- BSRIA articles.
- Building related illness.
- Indoor air quality.
- Indoor environmental quality.
- Measuring the wellbeing benefits of interior materials.
- Sick building syndrome.
- TG10 2016 At a glance, wellbeing.
- The Flourish Model to enhance wellbeing.
- Thermal comfort and wellbeing.
- WELL and BREEAM align.
- WELL Building Standard.
- Wellbeing and creativity in workplace design - case studies.
Featured articles and news
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.
Transitional options for the next generation of heating technologies.