- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Mar 2020
The Engineering Wellbeing Event
The Engineering Wellbeing Event, part of BSRIA’s “Building4Wellbeing” network, returns for the second year in Manchester on 26th March 2020. BSRIA has secured a range of great speakers to discuss why organisations should ensure they have an established wellbeing strategy, and how wellbeing measures can be set, tracked and maintained.
This is the decade in which a culture of wellbeing can no longer be considered a luxury. Most organisations now accept that employee wellbeing is something they cannot afford to ignore. To attract and retain talent, our workplaces need to create an environment where people not only feel safe, but also feel they can thrive and reach their potential.
Venue: Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3WD
- 12.15 Registration & lunch
- 12.40 Welcome – Dr Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 12.50 Why wellbeing is important – Claire Bradbury, Action Sustainability
- 13.15 A Case study for wellbeing – Siobhan McVie, WSP
- 13.40 Smart technologies to enhance occupant wellbeing – Henry Lawson, BSRIA
- 14.05 Q&A – Chaired by Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 14.15 Coffee break
- 14.30 Business case for wellbeing in the workplace – Rob Woollen, PeoplePlus
- 14.55 Monitoring indoor environmental quality – Dr Blanca Beato-Arribas, BSRIA
- 15.20 Q&A – Chaired by Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA
- 15.30 Close
Find out more and book at: https://www.bsria.com/uk/product/nPM46D/building4wellbeing_network_936b4763/
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- All about wellness.
- Assessing health and wellbeing in buildings.
- Biophilic design.
- BSRIA articles.
- Building related illness.
- Indoor air quality.
- Indoor environmental quality.
- Measuring the wellbeing benefits of interior materials.
- Sick building syndrome.
- TG10 2016 At a glance, wellbeing.
- The Flourish Model to enhance wellbeing.
- Thermal comfort and wellbeing.
- WELL and BREEAM align.
- WELL Building Standard.
- Wellbeing and creativity in workplace design - case studies.
Featured articles and news
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.
Architecture considered somewhere between 'sublime and beautiful'.
Polish piano factory revived through an energy-oriented tune up.
Dynamic architectural approach sets out to restore and improve the environment.
Entries accepted from 1 December 2020 to 14 April 2021.
Procedure discontinued for sale or re-mortgage of buildings without cladding.
The art of negotiation.
APPGI considers key issues for economic recovery.
Progress made on global fire safety standard.
Why did it take 111 years to build this Victorian engineering marvel?
Fantastic cities from above but flawed on the ground.
Organisation unveils supporting tools and initiatives.