- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 06 Mar 2021
This article lists sustainability resources that built environment practitioners will find useful in their day-to-day activities. It is a response to the climate emergency declared by the UK Parliament on 1 May 2019.
To add to the list, click 'Edit this article' above. You can perform 5 edits a day before you have to register as a user.
- BREEAM Wiki.
- Carbon Buzz. Closing the gap between calculations and performance.
- Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT).
- ClientEarth. Environmental law charity.
- Climate Commitment Platform. UKGBC
- Climate Emergency Design Guide. LETI
- Construction Declares. A global petition.
- Crossrail learning legacy. Good practice, lessons learned and innovation.
- Designing Buildings Wiki sustainability articles. More than 800 articles.
- Energy Saving Trust (EST).
- Energy Zine.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- i3P. Infrastructure Industry Innovation Platform.
- Institutes and associations (A-F).
- Institutes and associations (G-Z).
- London 2012 learning legacy. Knowledge and lessons learned from the construction of the Olympic Park.
- Major Projects Knowledge Hub. Sharing knowledge and good practice.
- The Water Network. Knowledge sharing platform.
- WRAP. Practical solutions to improve resource efficiency.
- Zero Carbon Hub. Closed on 31st March 2016, but still accessible.
Climate emergency articles:
Featured articles and news
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC