- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jan 2020
This article lists sustainability resources that built environment practitioners will find useful in their day-to-day activities. It is a response to the climate emergency declared by the UK Parliament on 1 May 2019.
To add to the list, click 'Edit this article' above. You can perform 5 edits a day before you have to register as a user.
- BREEAM Wiki.
- Carbon Buzz. Closing the gap between calculations and performance.
- Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT).
- ClientEarth. Environmental law charity.
- Climate Commitment Platform. UKGBC
- Climate Emergency Design Guide. LETI
- Construction Declares. A global petition.
- Crossrail learning legacy. Good practice, lessons learned and innovation.
- Designing Buildings Wiki sustainability articles. More than 800 articles.
- Energy Saving Trust (EST).
- Energy Zine.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- i3P. Infrastructure Industry Innovation Platform.
- Institutes and associations (A-F).
- Institutes and associations (G-Z).
- London 2012 learning legacy. Knowledge and lessons learned from the construction of the Olympic Park.
- Major Projects Knowledge Hub. Sharing knowledge and good practice.
- The Water Network. Knowledge sharing platform.
- WRAP. Practical solutions to improve resource efficiency.
- Zero Carbon Hub. Closed on 31st March 2016, but still accessible.
Climate emergency articles:
Featured articles and news
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
How to write them and what they should include.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.
New Government task force will build beauty into reformed planning process.
Five outstanding aspects of the profession.
The seismic strengthening of historic churches.
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.