- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 25 Sep 2020
Post project review of construction projects
A post project review may begin during the defects liability period, when the client first occupies the development (now called the 'rectification period' in Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) contracts).
A post project review is undertaken to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the project delivery process. To undertake a post project review, it is important to seek the views of contractors, designers, suppliers and the client about how well the project was managed.
- The quality of briefing documents.
- The effectiveness of communications.
- The performance of the entire project team.
- Quality issues.
- Health and safety issues.
- Claims and disputes.
- Collaborative practices.
A wider 'post occupancy evaluation' may comprise two studies:
- A post project review to evaluate the project delivery process.
- An assessment of performance in use, to assess the extent to which business and design objectives have been satisfied, which may not begin until 6 to 12 months after occupation, as operations may not be properly established before then.
NB When the development is first occupied by the client, it is important to visit the site immediately to identify any issues that need to be addressed quickly. It can be beneficial to establish a help-desk and rapid response team to resolve issues as they arise (See articles on occupation and migration strategy).
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building performance metrics.
- Defects liability period.
- End of contract report.
- Energy performance certificates.
- Extended aftercare.
- Initial aftercare.
- OGC Gateway Review 5: Operations review & benefits realisation (or benefits evaluation)
- Migration strategy.
- Performance in use.
- Performance of exemplar buildings in use: Bridging the performance gap FB 78.
- Post occupancy evaluation (repeats some of the text in this article).
- Post opening project evaluation.
- Soft landings.
- Value added.
Featured articles and news
CIOB members recognised for public procurement.
Experts discuss the complex issues damaging the supply chain.
The co-founder of Get Kids into Survey discusses career paths for kids.
Report examines lack of detail in the Government's vision.
Our director Gregor Harvie hosts 4 webinars at the IHBC marketplace on Friday.
Look up construction terms on any website direct from your browser.
The revival of the public sphere in Toronto.
The story behind the copycat architecture craze.
Insight into construction materials supply and demand issues.
IHBC has announced winners of the 2020 honours.
Cement and concrete industry introduces measures to go beyond net zero.
UKGBC has introduced a resource to help with sustainability challenges.
Is it time to embrace EVs at last?
Plaster, glue and dye produce a highly decorative effect.