Platform construction system
DfMA Overlay to the RIBA Plan of Work, Mainstreaming Design for Manufacture and Assembly in Construction, 2nd Edition, published by the RIBA in 2021, defines a platform construction system as: ‘A suite of quality-assured, interoperable engineered components (products or sub-assemblies), governed by a rulebook specific to that system, that can be designed to integrate in predefined ways to create functional buildings for specific purposes (e.g. schools, hospitals, accommodation and so on).’
- Delivery platforms for government assets.
- Design for manufacture and assembly.
- DfMA overlay to RIBA plan of work.
- Flat pack.
- Modern methods of construction.
- Offsite manufacturing.
- Platform approach.
- Platform approach to design for manufacture and assembly.
- RIBA plan of work v project plans v OGC gateways.
- RIBA plan of work.