Platform construction system
DfMA Overlay to the RIBA Plan of Work, Mainstreaming Design for Manufacture and Assembly in Construction, 2nd Edition, published by the RIBA in 2021, defines a platform construction system as: ‘A suite of quality-assured, interoperable engineered components (products or sub-assemblies), governed by a rulebook specific to that system, that can be designed to integrate in predefined ways to create functional buildings for specific purposes (e.g. schools, hospitals, accommodation and so on).’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Design for manufacture and assembly.
- DfMA overlay to RIBA plan of work.
- Flat pack.
- Modern methods of construction.
- Offsite manufacturing.
- Platform approach.
- Platform approach to design for manufacture and assembly.
- RIBA plan of work v project plans v OGC gateways.
- RIBA plan of work.