- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Mar 2022
Delivery platforms for government assets
Delivery Platforms for Government Assets: creating a marketplace for manufactured spaces was written and published in 2017 by Bryden Wood Director Jaimie Johnston MBE, to define and inform thinking around the development of a platforms design (P-DfMA) approach to construction. The book focuses on the opportunity, and benefits, of applying the platform design approach to the scale and scope of the UK Government's construction portfolio.
- Transforming Infrastructure Performance, from the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) in 2017.
- Off-site manufacture for construction: Building for change, a report from the House of Lords Science and Technology Select Committee.
- The formation of the Construction Innovation Hub in 2018 and its Defining the Need report, published in 2020.
- Transforming Performance and Productivity in the Construction Industry, from the Maufacturing Technology Centre in 2019.
- the UK Government's The Construction Playbook: Government guidance on sourcing and contracting public works projects and programmes, in 2020.
- the IPA's Transforming Infrastructure Performance: Roadmap to 2030, published in 2021.
The second edition of Delivery Platforms for Government Assets, updated principally in format and design rather than content, was published in 2021.
Featured articles and news
A must read for all built environment professionals.
A brief description of time in the sun.
Given by ICE President Ed McCann.
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !