- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Mar 2022
Delivery platforms for government assets
Delivery Platforms for Government Assets: creating a marketplace for manufactured spaces was written and published in 2017 by Bryden Wood Director Jaimie Johnston MBE, to define and inform thinking around the development of a platforms design (P-DfMA) approach to construction. The book focuses on the opportunity, and benefits, of applying the platform design approach to the scale and scope of the UK Government's construction portfolio.
- Transforming Infrastructure Performance, from the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) in 2017.
- Off-site manufacture for construction: Building for change, a report from the House of Lords Science and Technology Select Committee.
- The formation of the Construction Innovation Hub in 2018 and its Defining the Need report, published in 2020.
- Transforming Performance and Productivity in the Construction Industry, from the Maufacturing Technology Centre in 2019.
- the UK Government's The Construction Playbook: Government guidance on sourcing and contracting public works projects and programmes, in 2020.
- the IPA's Transforming Infrastructure Performance: Roadmap to 2030, published in 2021.
The second edition of Delivery Platforms for Government Assets, updated principally in format and design rather than content, was published in 2021.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).