- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 07 Dec 2021
Delivery platforms for government assets
Delivery Platforms for Government Assets: creating a marketplace for manufactured spaces was written and published in 2017 by Bryden Wood Director Jaimie Johnston MBE, to define and inform the thinking around the development of a platforms design (P-DfMA) approach to construction. The book focuses on the opportunity, and benefits, of applying the platform design approach to the scale and scope of the UK Government's construction portfolio.
- Transforming Infrastructure Performance, from the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) in 2017.
- Off-site manufacture for construction: Building for change, a report from the House of Lords Science and Technology Select Committee.
- The formation of the Construction Innovation Hub in 2018 and its Defining the Need report, published in 2020.
- Transforming Performance and Productivity in the Construction Industry, from the Maufacturing Technology Centre in 2019.
- the UK Government's The Construction Playbook: Government guidance on sourcing and contracting public works projects and programmes, in 2020.
- the IPA's Transforming Infrastructure Performance: Roadmap to 2030, published in 2021.
The second edition of Delivery Platforms for Government Assets, updated principally in format and design rather than content, was published in 2021.
Featured articles and news
Small businesses can expect timely reimbursement.
The good and bad aspects of 2021 change of use adjustments.
Safety lessons the space industry can teach engineers.
A tradition under threat.
The key to future-proofing infrastructure.
A review of achievements and disappointments.
IHBC responds to PDR and defence infrastructure development.
Final report proposes improvements for UK-wide transport infrastructure.
The decarbonisation transition has begun.