- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Feb 2019
- The number of storeys means occupants need to use a lift to reach their destination.
- The height is beyond the reach of available fire-fighting equipment.
- The height can have a serious impact on evacuation.
Other definitions of buildings in relation to their height include:
- Mid-rise buildings of five to ten storeys, equipped with lifts.
- Skyscraper of 40 storeys or more.
- Supertall buildings exceeding 300 m.
- Megatall buildings exceeding 600 m.
- Groundscrapers that extend horizontally over a large distance while only being of a low to medium height.
- Super-slender buildings which are pencil-thin and of 50-90+ storeys.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Avoiding 'winner's curse' and other useful info.
Interfacing with facilities management.
Developing test methods for video flame/smoke detectors
Waiting for a new deal ...but will funding materialise?
Our servers have reached another milestone. Why not write an article and be seen by our 6.5 million users.
RSHP celebrates competition win in Paris.
All about approved inspectors.
Whilst apparently confusing, German conservation is actually not that different.
The rise and fall of council housing. Book review.
Drivers of change in global heating markets.
11 interesting facts about the use and nature of the material.