- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 22 Jan 2018
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
|…a fixed light or lighting unit that can comprise one or more lamps and lampholders, control gear and an appropriate housing. The control gear may be integrated in the lamp or located elsewhere in or near to the fixed light.|
NB: The term ‘lamp’ refers specifically to a light source, typically comprising a light-emitting element contained within an outer bulb or tube, which generally emits radiation within the visible spectrum.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Commercial lighting.
- Daylight lighting systems.
- Domestic building services compliance guide.
- General lighting v task lighting.
- Health and wellbeing impacts of natural and artificial lighting.
- Lighting and energy efficiency.
- Lighting energy numeric indicator.
- Non-domestic building services compliance guide.
- Space classifications for lighting controls.
- Specialist process lighting.
- The impact of lighting in retail design.
Featured articles and news
Modern slavery in the construction sector.
What to bear in mind when claiming damages in construction.
How do we achieve sustainable clean-water infrastructure for all?
What you should know when appointing an architect.
A brief history plus some new developments.
How computational fluid dynamics (CFD) helps building design.
The Hong Kong Harbour Area Treatment Scheme (HATS).
'Expressions of interest' for construction contracts.
Dame Judith Hackitt confirmed as keynote speaker – one year on from the Hackitt Report. Save £100 on tickets.