- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 02 Dec 2020
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
|…a fixed light or lighting unit that can comprise one or more lamps and lampholders, control gear and an appropriate housing. The control gear may be integrated in the lamp or located elsewhere in or near to the fixed light.|
NB: The term ‘lamp’ refers specifically to a light source, typically comprising a light-emitting element contained within an outer bulb or tube, which generally emits radiation within the visible spectrum.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Anglepoise lamp.
- Commercial lighting.
- Daylight lighting systems.
- Domestic building services compliance guide.
- General lighting v task lighting.
- Health and wellbeing impacts of natural and artificial lighting.
- Lava lamp.
- Lighting and energy efficiency.
- Lighting energy numeric indicator.
- Non-domestic building services compliance guide.
- Space classifications for lighting controls.
- Specialist process lighting.
- The impact of lighting in retail design.
Featured articles and news
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.
These tactical structures can be permanent or temporary.
Organisation recognises milestones of the project's next phase.
Welding and metalworking businesses must manage respiratory risks.
New report explores how regulations are being put into action.
The golden thread and BS 8644-1.
Bitumen binder may delay road surface deterioration.
A varied portfolio of internationally recognised buildings.
Threatened by housing and expanding universities.
Getting "boots on the ground" to make things happen.
Building systems may begin to learn.
CIOB to recognise Client of the Year and Team of the Year.
PAS 9980 PAS 9980:2021 addresses fire risk appraisal and assessment.