- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Jan 2020
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
|…a fixed light or lighting unit that can comprise one or more lamps and lampholders, control gear and an appropriate housing. The control gear may be integrated in the lamp or located elsewhere in or near to the fixed light.|
NB: The term ‘lamp’ refers specifically to a light source, typically comprising a light-emitting element contained within an outer bulb or tube, which generally emits radiation within the visible spectrum.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Anglepoise lamp.
- Commercial lighting.
- Daylight lighting systems.
- Domestic building services compliance guide.
- General lighting v task lighting.
- Health and wellbeing impacts of natural and artificial lighting.
- Lava lamp.
- Lighting and energy efficiency.
- Lighting energy numeric indicator.
- Non-domestic building services compliance guide.
- Space classifications for lighting controls.
- Specialist process lighting.
- The impact of lighting in retail design.
Featured articles and news
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.
Breaking down possible steps of pre-contract management.
ICE event includes comments from Welsh Government Minister Julie James.
How to write them and what they should include.
Designing Buildings Wiki becomes the world's first website to adopt the new knowledge standard.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.
New Government task force will build beauty into reformed planning process.
Five outstanding aspects of the profession.