- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 28 Jul 2021
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
|…a fixed light or lighting unit that can comprise one or more lamps and lampholders, control gear and an appropriate housing. The control gear may be integrated in the lamp or located elsewhere in or near to the fixed light.|
See also: Luminaire.
NB: The term ‘lamp’ refers specifically to a light source, typically comprising a light-emitting element contained within an outer bulb or tube, which generally emits radiation within the visible spectrum.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Anglepoise lamp.
- Commercial lighting.
- Daylight lighting systems.
- Domestic building services compliance guide.
- General lighting v task lighting.
- Health and wellbeing impacts of natural and artificial lighting.
- Lava lamp.
- Lighting and energy efficiency.
- Lighting energy numeric indicator.
- Non-domestic building services compliance guide.
- Space classifications for lighting controls.
- Specialist process lighting.
- The impact of lighting in retail design.
Featured articles and news
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.
Entries being accepted until 20 November 2021.