- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Jan 2020
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
|…a fixed light or lighting unit that can comprise one or more lamps and lampholders, control gear and an appropriate housing. The control gear may be integrated in the lamp or located elsewhere in or near to the fixed light.|
NB: The term ‘lamp’ refers specifically to a light source, typically comprising a light-emitting element contained within an outer bulb or tube, which generally emits radiation within the visible spectrum.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Anglepoise lamp.
- Commercial lighting.
- Daylight lighting systems.
- Domestic building services compliance guide.
- General lighting v task lighting.
- Health and wellbeing impacts of natural and artificial lighting.
- Lava lamp.
- Lighting and energy efficiency.
- Lighting energy numeric indicator.
- Non-domestic building services compliance guide.
- Space classifications for lighting controls.
- Specialist process lighting.
- The impact of lighting in retail design.
Featured articles and news
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.
CIOB urges construction to share PPE with healthcare providers.
Why not write that article you've always meant to?
One of the seven man-made wonders of Arizona.
A more flexible approach is needed.
A quick step-by-step introduction to the BREEAM process.
First pioneered in the USA and then France.
The European BACS market has been showing signs of growth.
Free ICE publication for World Water Day.