- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 06 Nov 2020
The Scottish Building Standards, Part I. Technical Handbook – Domestic, Appendix A Defined Terms, defines ‘insulation envelope’ as:
- elements exposed directly to the outside air
- elements directly in contact with the ground
- floors directly in contact with a solum space
- elements that are buffered by an enclosed area
- separating elements where the thermal transmittance should be ignored.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.