- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 06 Nov 2020
The Scottish Building Standards, Part I. Technical Handbook – Domestic, Appendix A Defined Terms, defines ‘insulation envelope’ as:
- elements exposed directly to the outside air
- elements directly in contact with the ground
- floors directly in contact with a solum space
- elements that are buffered by an enclosed area
- separating elements where the thermal transmittance should be ignored.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Report includes sales vs production of compressors by type.
Government announces latest plans for growth.
Will the new requirements - once passed - go far enough?
These post-WWII modular buildings were unpopular, yet ubiquitous.
What's the verdict from the court of public opinion?
Shift to home-based work influences closed plan preferences.
An overview of the current state of the market.
Organisation offers best practices for construction and modification.
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.