- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 06 Nov 2020
The Scottish Building Standards, Part I. Technical Handbook – Domestic, Appendix A Defined Terms, defines ‘insulation envelope’ as:
- elements exposed directly to the outside air
- elements directly in contact with the ground
- floors directly in contact with a solum space
- elements that are buffered by an enclosed area
- separating elements where the thermal transmittance should be ignored.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Proactive wellbeing measures for construction and engineering sectors.
Duty holders are responsible for creating emergency plans.
Saint Michael’s Kirkyard - a Presbyterian Valhalla. Book review.
Facing the impact of the COVID and the internet.
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.