Cloud computing and BIM for the construction industry
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
Cloud computing is a new entrant in the architecture, engineering and construction industry which allows building professionals to operate application software with the support of internet enabled devices such as mobile phones, iPads and so on.
That means with the assistance of cloud computing, architects and engineers can collaborate on a Building Information Modeling project which is being executed in the office of an architectural and engineering company even when they are at different locations.
- The ability to check designs from anywhere in the world.
- Accessing Building Information Models on mobile devices and collaborating with the team of modelers working on them.
- Suggestions can be provided by architects and engineers to the team executing the project.
- Architects and engineers can easily excess construction documents on site.
- Building professionals can mark-up drawings and plans.
- Projects complications and their status can be easily communicated to Building Information Modelers by architects and engineers.
- Having access to the latest project documents from anywhere in the world.
- The combination of Building Information Modeling and cloud computing can enhance the productivity of the project team.
Cloud computing services are categorised as public, private and hybrid.
Featured articles and news
A new concept unveiled to tackle the lack of sports facilities in inner cities.
'Open hand' designs revealed for a new entertainment complex in China.
Modernist architecture and its many international variations explained.
BRE support Europe-wide strategic heating plans for local and national authorities.
Work set to begin on 'one of America's greatest parks', which will be 10 times bigger than Central Park.
One of our most popular articles - RSHP's Mike Davies writes about the concept design process.
As Cuba mourn the death of Castro, major renovation of this symbolic landmark may be a reflection of the country's fresh start.
How cannabis plants are used to create an alternative building material with plenty of advantages.
What does Mayor Sadiq Khan's first policy statement mean for London's infrastructure?
Bjarke Ingels Group announced as winners of design competition for new residential landmark in Amsterdam.