- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 15 Feb 2023
Bench iT is a cloud based web application for project benchmarking in the construction industry. Developed specifically for quantity surveyors, architects and developers to track, manage and estimate future projects based on current and historical data. Unlike BCIS, Bench iT’s data is not available to all users of the site rather data contained within the database remains property of the submitting organisation.
Sign up is currently open with an initial 30-day trial
Bench iT uses a dashboard style user interface with a main information screen and a left-side navigation tab. Bench iT is a web application, thus can be accessed via any modern day browser from anywhere in the world.
Projects are uploaded by users - Bench iT has Artificial Intelligence to analyse uploaded pricing documents such as Bills of Quantities however more accuracy is garnered when a full benchmarking study is carried out by the quantity surveyor.
Projects can be viewed individually or in aggregate (with or without filters) depending on the type of analysis that is required, for example comparing two projects against one another or comparing high level trends in procurement routes for various building types.
The current version of Bench iT ships with multiple features, some are listed below:
- Rebasing - Using in house analysis of market trends projects can be estimated at an earlier or later date cost.
- Project detail - Individual KPI benchmarking and high/low level cost analysis.
- Pricing document viewer - Pricing documents (i.e. bills of quantities) can be viewed in browser in a spreadsheet like format
- Pricing document hosting - Pricing documents are downloadable from the project page
- Project comparison - Compare two projects or estimates for procurement, cost, program and stakeholder variance
- Element search - Search for costs within all contained pricing documents
- Analysis - General aggregate data of projects, can be filtered for any building case
- Cost forecasting - Built in high level cost estimation based on m2 rate or functional unit
- Cost planning - Built in cost planning per NRM1 element based on custom amounts, AI generated rates or m2 rates per elemental unit
- Stakeholder benchmarking - Benchmark client, architect & contractor performance
 Related articles on Designing Buildings
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).