- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Feb 2019
BIP 2207 Building information management. A standard framework and guide to BS 1192 is a guide to BS 1192:2007 Collaborative production of architectural, engineering and construction information, (now replaced by BS EN ISO 19650) the British Standard that is the code of practice that provides a best practice method for the development, organisation and management of production information for the construction industry.
It explains in detail the processes and procedures needed to improve the quality of production information. It will help designers prepare the information before passing it to a construction team to enable a project to be constructed.
It was written by Mervyn Richards.
The contents are:
- Production info for the construction Industry
- Roles and responsibilities
- The common data environment
- Standard method and production
- Implications of design management
- Master document index template
- Process maps
- Consultant technical systems questionnaire
- Project team member questionnaire
- Drawing sheet template
- Measurements and benefits
Featured articles and news
A material with exciting potential.
ECA-partnered survey shows the clear benefits.
Hire for potential, not competence.
A single knowledge hub for global infrastructure.
Compliance in construction.
The growth of the smart homes market.
Giving professional advice to friends.
Towards a radical eclecticism.
Showing the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
Soft Landings for refurbishment projects.
An invaluable book for everyone involved in conservation.