The ISO 19650 series comprises:
- ISO 19650-1 Organization of information about construction works - Information management using building information modelling. Part 1: Concepts and principles.
- ISO 19650-2 Organization of information about construction works - Information management using building information modelling. Part 2: Delivery phase of assets.
Information management according to BS EN ISO 19650, Guidance Part 2: Processes for Project Delivery (third edition), published by the UK BIM Alliance, the Centre for Digital Built Britain and the British Standards Institute in January 2020, suggest that:
‘If you are tendering for or appointed to a project generally this means that you are fulfilling the role of an ‘appointed party’ in the context of the ISO 19650 series. You are a member of both the Project Team and a Delivery Team. Your organisation may include a number of task teams within it..’
Information protocol to support BS EN ISO 19650-2 the delivery phase of assets, published by the UK BIM Framework in association with the Construction Industry Council (CIC), Edition 1: May 2020, gives the following definitions:
- Appointee means the party (a Lead Appointed Party or appointed party) appointed by the Appointor under the Appointment as may be identified in the Information Particulars.
- Appointing Party means the appointing party as may be identified in the Information Particulars.
- Appointment means the agreement into which this Protocol is incorporated as may be identified in the Information Particulars.
- Appointor means the party appointing the Appointee under the Appointment as may be identified in the Information Particulars.
See also: Lead appointed party.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Appointing party.
- BIM articles.
- BS 1192.
- BS 1192-4:2014.
- BS 8536-1:2015 Briefing for design and construction. Code of practice for facilities management (Buildings infrastructure).
- BS 8536-2:2016
- International Organisation for Standardisation ISO.
- ISO 19650.
- Lead appointed party.
- PAS 1192-2
- PAS 1192-3.
- PAS 1192-5:2015 Specification for security-minded building information modelling, digital built environments and smart asset management.
- PAS 1192-6.
- Uniclass 2015.