- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 31 Jan 2013
Announcing our student architect winner
…Rob Pollard from the University of Kent for his essay: The History of the Architect as a Profession.
The judges agreed that his essay
“…should appeal to a broad audience encountering the industry for the first time. It is well researched, reliable and informative, giving enough depth to shed light on the role of an architect and how it has developed over the years.”
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Beta City :Temporary, Collaborative City Design. By Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Monument and Context. Also by Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Living in the hyperreal Post-Modern city. By Corina Angheloiu, Sheffield School of Architecture.
- How and why did new building types emerge in nineteenth-century Britain? By Stacey Lewis, University of Kent.
- Living façade. By Oliver Howell, University of Southampton (yes again, some subjects cross architecture and engineering).
Congratulations to them all. Certificates of commendation will be in the post shortly.
So now you’ve got the hang of it, why not add more articles to the site? We’re a WIKI after all and we’d love to hear from you. See our list of Articles Required.
Featured articles and news
Seven steps to defining a digital twin.
Achieving air tightness in buildings.
What are the benefits of smart homes for Millennial end-users?
How dynamic briefing can result in an efficient project.
Achieving sustainable roads funding in England.
Your chance to comment on the draft BS 851188 - flood resistance products and flood protection products.
Rebuilding could take 20 to 40 years.
RSHP’s high-rise residential towers win a tall buildings award for excellence.
BSRIA study reveals strong growth in 2018.
Dame Judith Hackitt confirmed as keynote speaker – one year on from the Hackitt Report.
Save £100 on tickets.
Modern slavery in the construction sector.
What to bear in mind when claiming damages in construction.
How do we achieve sustainable clean-water infrastructure for all?