- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 31 Jan 2013
Announcing our student architect winner
The judges agreed that his essay
“…should appeal to a broad audience encountering the industry for the first time. It is well researched, reliable and informative, giving enough depth to shed light on the role of an architect and how it has developed over the years.”
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Beta City :Temporary, Collaborative City Design. By Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Monument and Context. Also by Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Living in the hyperreal Post-Modern city. By Corina Angheloiu, Sheffield School of Architecture.
- How and why did new building types emerge in nineteenth-century Britain? By Stacey Lewis, University of Kent.
- Living façade. By Oliver Howell, University of Southampton (yes again, some subjects cross architecture and engineering).
Featured articles and news
Common difficulties when improving the management of building services.
England’s railway heritage from the air. Book review.
Identifying interim heritage areas for a neighbourhood plan.
Inspecting and reporting on moisture-related problems.
Will Norway build the world's first floating tunnel?
Domestic Retrofit training course.
Preparing to sell a commercial property.
Local Plan Route Mapper and toolkit.
Thermal mass in buildings.
CIAT's AT Academy.
The UK's most dangerous industries to work in.