- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Dec 2020
Announcing our student architect winner
The judges agreed that his essay
“…should appeal to a broad audience encountering the industry for the first time. It is well researched, reliable and informative, giving enough depth to shed light on the role of an architect and how it has developed over the years.”
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Beta City :Temporary, Collaborative City Design. By Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Monument and Context. Also by Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Living in the hyperreal Post-Modern city. By Corina Angheloiu, Sheffield School of Architecture.
- How and why did new building types emerge in nineteenth-century Britain? By Stacey Lewis, University of Kent.
- Living façade. By Oliver Howell, University of Southampton (yes again, some subjects cross architecture and engineering).
Featured articles and news
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.
The pressures and pinch points of global destinations.