- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 25 Dec 2020
Announcing our student architect winner
The judges agreed that his essay
“…should appeal to a broad audience encountering the industry for the first time. It is well researched, reliable and informative, giving enough depth to shed light on the role of an architect and how it has developed over the years.”
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Beta City :Temporary, Collaborative City Design. By Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Monument and Context. Also by Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Living in the hyperreal Post-Modern city. By Corina Angheloiu, Sheffield School of Architecture.
- How and why did new building types emerge in nineteenth-century Britain? By Stacey Lewis, University of Kent.
- Living façade. By Oliver Howell, University of Southampton (yes again, some subjects cross architecture and engineering).
Featured articles and news
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.