- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 25 Dec 2020
Announcing our student architect winner
The judges agreed that his essay
“…should appeal to a broad audience encountering the industry for the first time. It is well researched, reliable and informative, giving enough depth to shed light on the role of an architect and how it has developed over the years.”
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Beta City :Temporary, Collaborative City Design. By Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Monument and Context. Also by Shea McGibbon, Queens University Belfast.
- Living in the hyperreal Post-Modern city. By Corina Angheloiu, Sheffield School of Architecture.
- How and why did new building types emerge in nineteenth-century Britain? By Stacey Lewis, University of Kent.
- Living façade. By Oliver Howell, University of Southampton (yes again, some subjects cross architecture and engineering).
Featured articles and news
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.
Entries being accepted until 20 November 2021.