- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Feb 2013
Announcing our student engineer winner
The judges found her essay well written and engaging and at a level that is detailed and interesting while still being accessible to non-experts. Rachel’s work provides a great explanation of a fascinating subject, and is so comprehensive it's allowed us to start two spin-off articles; Geothermal Energy and Pile Foundations.
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Fertilizer Groundwater Pollution by Alex Roocroft, Imperial College.
- The Resonant Column Method by Ngoc Nguyen Quang, UCL.
- Living Facade by Oliver Howell, University of Southampton.
- The Use of Stainless Steel in Civil Engineering by Xinlu Chen, Imperial College.
- Temporary Works by Nick Nardiello, Kingston University.
So now you’ve got the hang of it, why not add more articles to the site? We’re a WIKI after all and we’d love to hear from you.
Featured articles and news
Common difficulties when improving the management of building services.
England’s railway heritage from the air. Book review.
Identifying interim heritage areas for a neighbourhood plan.
Inspecting and reporting on moisture-related problems.
Will Norway build the world's first floating tunnel?
Domestic Retrofit training course.
Preparing to sell a commercial property.
Local Plan Route Mapper and toolkit.
Thermal mass in buildings.
CIAT's AT Academy.
The UK's most dangerous industries to work in.