- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Jan 2021
Announcing our student engineer winner
The judges found her essay well written and engaging and at a level that is detailed and interesting while still being accessible to non-experts. Rachel’s work provides a great explanation of a fascinating subject, and is so comprehensive it's allowed us to start two spin-off articles; Geothermal Energy and Pile Foundations.
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Fertilizer Groundwater Pollution by Alex Roocroft, Imperial College.
- The Resonant Column Method by Ngoc Nguyen Quang, UCL.
- Living Facade by Oliver Howell, University of Southampton.
- The Use of Stainless Steel in Civil Engineering by Xinlu Chen, Imperial College.
- Temporary Works by Nick Nardiello, Kingston University.
So now you’ve got the hang of it, why not add more articles to the site? We’re a WIKI after all and we’d love to hear from you.
Featured articles and news
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.