- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 08 Jan 2021
Announcing our student engineer winner
The judges found her essay well written and engaging and at a level that is detailed and interesting while still being accessible to non-experts. Rachel’s work provides a great explanation of a fascinating subject, and is so comprehensive it's allowed us to start two spin-off articles; Geothermal Energy and Pile Foundations.
The five runners-up, commended for their great contributions to the site are:
- Fertilizer Groundwater Pollution by Alex Roocroft, Imperial College.
- The Resonant Column Method by Ngoc Nguyen Quang, UCL.
- Living Facade by Oliver Howell, University of Southampton.
- The Use of Stainless Steel in Civil Engineering by Xinlu Chen, Imperial College.
- Temporary Works by Nick Nardiello, Kingston University.
So now you’ve got the hang of it, why not add more articles to the site? We’re a WIKI after all and we’d love to hear from you.
Featured articles and news
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.
Entries being accepted until 20 November 2021.