- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 Sep 2019
Types of timber
This article presents a list of types of timber used in the construction industry, with links to articles providing further information.
- Cross-laminated timber.
- Engineered bamboo.
- Green timber.
- Laminated veneer lumber LVL.
- Modified wood.
- Oriented strand board.
- Padauk wood.
- Sapele wood.
- Unwrot timber / sawn timber.
- Wood ash.
- Wrot timber (wrought timber / dressed timber / finished timber / planed timber)
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 11 things you didn't know about wood.
- A guide to the use of urban timber FB 50.
- Chip carving.
- Definition of tree for planning purposes.
- Physical Properties of Wood.
- Testing timber.
- The Art of Pyrography.
- The best woods for carving.
- The differences between hardwood and softwood.
- Timber preservation.
- Timber vs wood.
Featured articles and news
Five things to consider before installing solar panels.
New conservation building for the Louvre completed.
A balance between character and climate.
Bamboo pavilion built at London South Bank Uni.
Bringing in an expert.
Why the lowest price isn't sustainable.
The Most Economically Advantageous Tender.
Pipe dream or possibility?
The New Rules of Measurement.
Prioritising Sustainable Development Goals on projects.