- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Nov 2019
Types of timber
This article presents a list of types of timber used in the construction industry, with links to articles providing further information.
- Cross-laminated timber.
- Engineered bamboo.
- Green timber.
- Laminated veneer lumber LVL.
- Modified wood.
- Oriented strand board.
- Padauk wood.
- Sapele wood.
- Unwrot timber / sawn timber.
- Wood ash.
- Wrot timber (wrought timber / dressed timber / finished timber / planed timber)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 11 things you didn't know about wood.
- A guide to the use of urban timber FB 50.
- Chip carving.
- Definition of tree for planning purposes.
- Physical Properties of Wood.
- Testing timber.
- The Art of Pyrography.
- The best woods for carving.
- The differences between hardwood and softwood.
- Timber preservation.
- Timber vs wood.
Featured articles and news
The admissibility of evidence.
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.
What does 'curtilage' mean and why does it matter?
Our duty to prevent harm and protect each other.
A quality perspective.
If buildings were people, they would be just starting to walk on two legs.
Air filtration and clean air standards.
The Dukes of Normandy and the second world war.