- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 07 Feb 2021
Most read news in 2019
In 2019, a year of turmoil, both for the industry and the wider political establishment, the most read news stories on Designing Buildings Wiki were dominated by Brexit and the ongoing fallout from the Grenfell Tower fire:
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Tackling the construction skills shortage.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Changes to Approved Document B following the Hackitt review.
- Level 3 BIM.
- Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
Featured articles and news
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.
CLC guidance outlines carbon reduction priorities.
Making the most of a staycation.