- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 07 Feb 2021
Most read news in 2019
In 2019, a year of turmoil, both for the industry and the wider political establishment, the most read news stories on Designing Buildings Wiki were dominated by Brexit and the ongoing fallout from the Grenfell Tower fire:
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Tackling the construction skills shortage.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Changes to Approved Document B following the Hackitt review.
- Level 3 BIM.
- Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
Featured articles and news
Standard will help employers foster wellbeing and manage psychosocial risks.
Global fire standards for safety of people and property.
An introduction to the 5 core principles of lean.
Can the profession use its skills to save the world from climate change?
How faulty science resulted in sanitation reform.
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
Click the button to subscribe.