- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 19 Dec 2019
Most read news in 2019
In 2019, a year of turmoil, both for the industry and the wider political establishment, the most read news stories on Designing Buildings Wiki were dominated by Brexit and the ongoing fallout from the Grenfell Tower fire:
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Tackling the construction skills shortage.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Changes to Approved Document B following the Hackitt review.
- Level 3 BIM.
- Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
Featured articles and news
How to write them and what they should include.
Five outstanding aspects of the profession.
The seismic strengthening of historic churches.
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.
What type of cool roof is most suitable?
Active Travel programme prioritises cyclists and pedestrians.
CIAT issues caution for use of new standard.
Industry leaders discuss climate change, the economy and other influences.