- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 19 Oct 2020
Fit out contractors
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
A lot of businesses will get an initial estimate from their general contractor, and worry about the cost of fitting-out as the job goes on. However, fitting out can be a challenging task. It requires selecting a design, a fit out contractor, time, and budget and so on.It is important to select a fit out company that can transform the interior, and help manage every aspect of budget, and time.
Many office fit out contractors in Dubai specialise in specific areas, or have experience with different types of projects. Here are some useful tips before selecting the office fit-out should be remember, but not limited to;
- Find out which contractor suits you the best by arranging an initial meeting or interview.
- If your premises are small then light colours may work best.
- For better utilising your space, focus on multipurpose furniture.
- Don't clutter your office with things that you no longer need, this will help in maximise your office space, and helps in your new office Fit-out design.
- Every business is as unique as the people who work in it, and their office space should reflect the individual nature of the company.
Whether you're moving your business to a new building, or are keen to make your existing space work harder, a fit out contractor can help you develop a new bespoke office design to make the most of the space you have available.
Fit-out responsibilities may include:
- Office design, finishes and visualisation;
- Project specification;
- Compliance approvals;
- Project program;
- Project insurance;
- Contractor accreditation;
- Project delivery;
- Works scheduling;
- Fit-out implementation;
- Contract management
- CDM principal contractor.
The best office fit out contractors have qualified, and experienced interior designers, architects, and engineers who can create ideas, and produce unique concepts for each project. The outcome of every interior fit-out should be satisfying, and outstanding.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).