- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 Jan 2021
A UK Ecopoint is a single score that measures total environmental impact as a proportion of overall impact occurring in the UK. It provides a measure of the total environmental impact of a particular product or process and applies to the UK only.
It is calculated by taking the normalised data from a BRE Environmental Profile, applying a weighting factor to each impact and then adding all the weighted impacts to give a total - The Ecopoints. BRE Environmental Profiles are an internationally-recognised life cycle assessment method. They assess the level of impact in each environmental impact category for the functional unit or product being studied.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BES 6001 Responsible sourcing of construction products.
- BRE Buzz articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Cradle to cradle product registry system.
- Environmental profiles.
- Green Guide to Specification.
- Green guide to specification, certified environmental profiles and BREEAM
- Material resource efficiency in construction: Supporting a circular economy.
- Recyclable construction materials.
- Sustainable materials.
Featured articles and news
From the basics to the future from our Cohesive BIM wiki.
As electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.