Consumer Contracts Regulations
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are applicable to all contracts for the provision of goods from 13 June 2014. They replace the previous Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and the Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008.
The regulations apply to off-premises contracts, distance contracts and on-premises contracts.
The regulations set out the following:
- The information a trader must give to a consumer before and after making a sale.
- How that information should be provided.
- The right for consumers to change their minds when purchasing from a distance or off-premises.
- Delivery times and passing of risk.
- A prohibition on any additional payments which appear as a default option.
- A prohibition on consumers having to pay in excess of the basic rate for post-contract customer help lines.
Schedule 1 to the regulations details the information that must be provided for on-premises contracts whilst Schedule 2 details the information for off-premises contracts. Schedule 3 provides details on cancellation rights for all distance and off-premises sellers.
Guidance information on the implementation of the regulations is provided in the government booklet ‘Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, Implementing Guidance, December 2013’.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Appointing consultants.
- Back-to-back provisions in construction contacts.
- Breach of contract.
- Construction contracts.
- Construing a contract.
- Contract conditions.
- Contract documents.
- Contract v tort.
- Contracts under seal v under hand.
- Essentials of a contract.
- Express and implied terms in construction contracts.
- Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act HGRA.
- Modifying clauses in standard forms of contract.
- Scheme for Construction Contracts.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act
 External references
- Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, Implementing Guidance, December 2013.
Featured articles and news
A visually dramatic means of story-telling, large-scale murals can be an effective way to engage communities.
There were over 1,400 new articles added to Designing Buildings Wiki in 2016. Here are the top 15 most popular.
MVRDV reveal designs for a strange holiday villa in Taiwan.
New milestone achieved with launch of new safety lanyard for working from height.
A quick introductory article about preliminaries in construction.
Brandenburg Gate - an historic structure that went from symbolising German partition to European unity.
A discussion between construction key players and leading insurers on the future outlook for construction insurance.
New guide from BSRIA on building performance evaluation in domestic buildings.
Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners complete new trio of towers at Sydney Harbour.
With a new government consultation underway, ICE look at creating a smarter, more flexible energy system.
British Antarctic Survey announces research station is to relocate 23km due to growing crack in the ice shelf.