Consumer Contracts Regulations
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are applicable to all contracts for the provision of goods from 13 June 2014. They replace the previous Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and the Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008.
The regulations apply to off-premises contracts, distance contracts and on-premises contracts.
The regulations set out the following:
- The information a trader must give to a consumer before and after making a sale.
- How that information should be provided.
- The right for consumers to change their minds when purchasing from a distance or off-premises.
- Delivery times and passing of risk.
- A prohibition on any additional payments which appear as a default option.
- A prohibition on consumers having to pay in excess of the basic rate for post-contract customer help lines.
Schedule 1 to the regulations details the information that must be provided for on-premises contracts whilst Schedule 2 details the information for off-premises contracts. Schedule 3 provides details on cancellation rights for all distance and off-premises sellers.
Guidance information on the implementation of the regulations is provided in the government booklet ‘Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, Implementing Guidance, December 2013’.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Appointing consultants.
- Back-to-back provisions in construction contacts.
- Breach of contract.
- Construction contracts.
- Construing a contract.
- Contract conditions.
- Contract documents.
- Contract v tort.
- Contracts under seal v under hand.
- Essentials of a contract.
- Express and implied terms in construction contracts.
- Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act HGRA.
- Modifying clauses in standard forms of contract.
- Scheme for Construction Contracts.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act
 External references
- Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, Implementing Guidance, December 2013.
Featured articles and news
OMA's plans for new arts centre to revitalise city's culture given planning approval.
Select committee criticises DEFRA for failing to take up its recommendations.
Nicola Sturgeon presents ICE's People's Choice Award to the Forth Road Bridge reopening.
Green paper published for consultation.
Mental health issues effect 80% of construction workers. Read our interview with the founders of a new wellbeing initiative.
Would Stephenson be disappointed by the lack of progress on the high speed transport of Hyperloop?
The immersive pop-up cinema experience that could revolutionise on-site health and safety training.
5 out of 10 filtering facepieces fail HSE tests.
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.