- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Aug 2021
Category A fit-out works
Rules of Thumb, Guidelines for building services (5th Edition) BG 9/2011, by Glenn Hawkins, published by BSRIA in 2011, states: ‘Category A fit-out works extend central services out on to floor plates and provide a background for Category B works. Category A works comprise services, life safety elements and basic fittings and finishes for the operation of lettable work space, including:
- Suspended ceilings
- Raised floors and skirtings
- Cooling and heating systems
- Office ventilation systems
- Open plan base lighting solution
- Life safety systems, such as fire alarms, sprinklers and emergency lighting
- Distribution boards
- Office carpet and floor boxes
- Basic statutory signage
- Basic security systems and wireways’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Commons Committee report examines COVID-19 regeneration plans.
Global building automation and control systems trends reviewed.
Significant changes to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 announced.
Students available for administrative roles.
Delisting a World Heritage Site.
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.