- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 18 Feb 2021
The second edition of The Dictionary of Urbanism by Rob Cowan, suggests that the term ‘cassie’ might refer to
The word comes from ‘causeway’.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bituminous mixing and laying plant.
- Britain's historic paving.
- Coal holes, pavement lights, kerbs and utilities and wood-block paving.
- Glossary of paving terms.
- Code of Practice for Ironwork Systems Installation and Refurbishment.
- Hazard warning surfaces.
- Highway drainage.
- How to lay block paving.
- Permeable pavements.
- Road paving.
- Types of road and street.
Featured articles and news
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.