- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 18 Feb 2021
The second edition of The Dictionary of Urbanism by Rob Cowan, suggests that the term ‘cassie’ might refer to
The word comes from ‘causeway’.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bituminous mixing and laying plant.
- Britain's historic paving.
- Coal holes, pavement lights, kerbs and utilities and wood-block paving.
- Glossary of paving terms.
- Code of Practice for Ironwork Systems Installation and Refurbishment.
- Hazard warning surfaces.
- Highway drainage.
- How to lay block paving.
- Permeable pavements.
- Road paving.
- Types of road and street.
Featured articles and news
IHBC members encouraged to update violations database.
Non-obtrusive security sensors can help deter intruders.
Adopting a fabric first approach to efficiency.
Government emphasises training for construction and engineering trades.
ECA and SELECT offer assistance to members set back by delays.
The virtual learning event examines Historic Places - People Places.
Getting post-pandemic infrastructure on the right track.
One of England's grandest country houses.
Take just two minutes to provide your feedback.
An update of standards and regulations is under consideration.
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.