- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Jul 2020
The second edition of The Dictionary of Urbanism by Rob Cowan, suggests that the term ‘cassie’ might refer to
The word comes from ‘causeway’.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bituminous mixing and laying plant.
- Britain's historic paving.
- Coal holes, pavement lights, kerbs and utilities and wood-block paving.
- Glossary of paving terms.
- Code of Practice for Ironwork Systems Installation and Refurbishment.
- Hazard warning surfaces.
- Highway drainage.
- How to lay block paving.
- Permeable pavements.
- Road paving.
- Types of road and street.
Featured articles and news
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
How to write them and what they should include.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.
New Government task force will build beauty into reformed planning process.
Five outstanding aspects of the profession.
The seismic strengthening of historic churches.
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.