- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Jul 2017
Barriers to innovation and Construction 2025
In June, key leaders in construction met at Kaleida’s office to discuss and share insight on some of the central topics impacting the current market. As a result of the discussion, a whitepaper was produced highlighting some of the challenges and opportunities, along with proposed solutions that would require a change at both the top and the bottom.
Using personal insight and supporting sources, the following factors were identified:
- The objectives of Construction 2025 and Digital Built Britain will not be achieved unless there is a change in mindset towards collaboration and innovation.
- Innovation needs to be led and managed from the top down.
- In house skills need to be built from the bottom and developed through apprenticeship schemes.
- In order to innovate, we need collaboration, so lessons can be learnt across the industry from one project to the next.
- To facilitate collaboration, we need systems that can talk to each other.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 3D printing.
- Architecture and the need for innovation
- Artificial intelligence and civil engineering.
- Augmented reality in construction.
- Building information modelling.
- Burj Khalifa.
- Construction innovation
- Innovation – the key differentiator
- Innovation in construction projects
- Internet of things.
- Rethinking Construction Innovation and Research: A Review of Government Policies and Practices
- Shaping the Future of Construction: Inspiring innovators redefine the industry.
- Smart buildings.
Featured articles and news
How it can benefit construction.
Free guide to commissioning for site managers published by NHBC and BSRIA.
Resolving quickly to minimise delay and costs.
Tackling domestic abuse.
Disallowed costs vs. defined costs. Which is which?
Coping with the loss of local authority conservation services.
Remedial works could save the NHS £95 million a year.
One of Europe’s largest waterfront transformations.
How BIM was used to produce an information model of a home.
Skyscrapers of the future will be built of wood.
How to increase your chances of winning.