- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 22 Sep 2020
BSRIA launches updated Valve Test Standard
In November 2019, BSRIA launched an updated version of BSRIA Technical Standard BTS/1 2019 – Test Method for PICVs and DPCVs. The new standard supersedes the original version launched in 2012 and now includes a new, dedicated method for testing differential pressure control valves.
- An updated schematic of the test-rig setup.
- Introduction of clearly-defined test tolerances for all measured parameters.
- Implementation of a prescribed stabilisation period prior to each of the performance tests being carried out and a reduction in the number of cycles per test.
- Fixed Load Tests – this test indicates any inherent hysteresis in the valve differential pressure performance as differential pressure outside the controlled loop rises and falls across the full range of the DPCV.
- Variable Load Tests – this test indicates any inherent hysteresis in the valve differential pressure performance as flow rate rises and falls across the full range of the DPCV.
“We are delighted to announce the launch of the latest version of BTS1/2019, which is the amalgamation of seven years' testing experience and engagement with key industry stakeholders to deliver a streamlined and more clearly defined set of requirements. We look forward to further supporting industry and working with new and existing clients to deliver robust results to demonstrate product performance”.
 About this article
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Blue Book.
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Building services.
- Building services engineer.
- Concept services design.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- What makes a good PICV?
Featured articles and news
CLC provides guidance related to product marks, post-Brexit.
Net zero goals incorporated into plans for a new European Bauhaus.
BREEAM offers its resilient approach to Building Back Better.
Country moves one step closer to creating independent body.
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.