- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Apr 2021
BSRIA launches updated Valve Test Standard
In November 2019, BSRIA launched an updated version of BSRIA Technical Standard BTS/1 2019 – Test Method for PICVs and DPCVs. The new standard supersedes the original version launched in 2012 and now includes a new, dedicated method for testing differential pressure control valves.
- An updated schematic of the test-rig setup.
- Introduction of clearly-defined test tolerances for all measured parameters.
- Implementation of a prescribed stabilisation period prior to each of the performance tests being carried out and a reduction in the number of cycles per test.
- Fixed Load Tests – this test indicates any inherent hysteresis in the valve differential pressure performance as differential pressure outside the controlled loop rises and falls across the full range of the DPCV.
- Variable Load Tests – this test indicates any inherent hysteresis in the valve differential pressure performance as flow rate rises and falls across the full range of the DPCV.
“We are delighted to announce the launch of the latest version of BTS1/2019, which is the amalgamation of seven years' testing experience and engagement with key industry stakeholders to deliver a streamlined and more clearly defined set of requirements. We look forward to further supporting industry and working with new and existing clients to deliver robust results to demonstrate product performance”.
 About this article
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Blue Book.
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Building services.
- Building services engineer.
- Concept services design.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- Differential pressure control valve.
- Flow characteristics.
- Pressure independent control valves.
- What makes a good PICV?
Featured articles and news
Commons Committee report examines COVID-19 regeneration plans.
Global building automation and control systems trends reviewed.
Significant changes to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 announced.
Students available for administrative roles.
Delisting a World Heritage Site.
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.