- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 May 2014
Appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
See also: Adjudication.
The process of appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98 provisions:
- Clause 41A.1: either party may refer any dispute to adjudication
- Clause 41A.2: the adjudicator shall either be an individual agreed by both parties, or an individual to be nominated by the person named in the Appendix, provided that:
- Clause 41A.2.1: no adjudicator shall be agreed or nominated who will not execute the JCT standard agreement for appointment on an adjudicator, and
- Clause 41A.2.2: where either party has given notice of his intention to refer a dispute to adjudication then:
- any agreement by the parties must be reached with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- any application to the nominator must be made with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- once agreed or nominated, the parties shall execute with the adjudicator the JCT adjudication agreement
The particulars to be provided with the referral documents should include:
Featured articles and news
RIBA launches a consultation on a new Plan of Work for Fire Safety.
This article offers some basic rules to follow when writing your next specification.
The iconic Mackintosh Building will definitely be rebuilt, board chairwoman confirms.
The machinery used to fashion stone has changed dramatically - and so have the products.
This type of pile provides support to the building, as well as acting as a heat source and a heat sink.
Why investors are adopting the SDGs and why civil engineering could be crucial for delivering them.
Read about all the winners from the London ceremony of CIAT's 2018 Architectural Technology Awards.
How do you find the right stone to conserve historic buildings?
Appointment agreements often include a ‘scope of services’ setting out the consultant's performance on a project.
BSRIA study shows an increase of pre-terminated fibre connectivity.
Director of PiP Architecture explores the application of biophilic design principles.