Appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
See also: Adjudication.
The process of appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98 provisions:
- Clause 41A.1: either party may refer any dispute to adjudication
- Clause 41A.2: the adjudicator shall either be an individual agreed by both parties, or an individual to be nominated by the person named in the Appendix, provided that:
- Clause 41A.2.1: no adjudicator shall be agreed or nominated who will not execute the JCT standard agreement for appointment on an adjudicator, and
- Clause 41A.2.2: where either party has given notice of his intention to refer a dispute to adjudication then:
- any agreement by the parties must be reached with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- any application to the nominator must be made with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- once agreed or nominated, the parties shall execute with the adjudicator the JCT adjudication agreement
The particulars to be provided with the referral documents should include:
Featured articles and news
5 out of 10 filtering facepieces fail HSE tests.
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?
One of the largest churches in the world, the monumental St. Peter's Basilica.
How thermal comfort is quantified and how it can affect wellbeing.
Snøhetta complete a treehouse cabin that allows guests to lie beneath the Northern Lights.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.