- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 May 2014
Appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
See also: Adjudication.
The process of appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98 provisions:
- Clause 41A.1: either party may refer any dispute to adjudication
- Clause 41A.2: the adjudicator shall either be an individual agreed by both parties, or an individual to be nominated by the person named in the Appendix, provided that:
- Clause 41A.2.1: no adjudicator shall be agreed or nominated who will not execute the JCT standard agreement for appointment on an adjudicator, and
- Clause 41A.2.2: where either party has given notice of his intention to refer a dispute to adjudication then:
- any agreement by the parties must be reached with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- any application to the nominator must be made with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- once agreed or nominated, the parties shall execute with the adjudicator the JCT adjudication agreement
The particulars to be provided with the referral documents should include:
Featured articles and news
An artist finds ruined and decaying buildings a source of inspiration for his work. Book review.
When is there a right to light, and what happens if it is obstructed?
What would the nationalisation of economic infrastructure mean for GB?
A new guide to improving value by reducing design error.
We've reached 80,000 page views a day and 10,000 registered users. Why not join them?
A masterplan is a framework within which a location is encouraged to develop or change. Read our introductory article.
New consultation announced on a specialist Housing Court to settle landlord-tenant disputes.
ICE responds to a transport consultation advising the government to make decisions enabling more inclusive cities.
BRE and Loughborough University complete first phase refurbishment of demonstration home.
If you’re a great writer and have practical experience of the construction industry, it could be you.
Frustrated by long documents or technical jargon? Put off by sign-up forms or costs? Take this 5 min survey to help improve construction knowledge.