- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 May 2014
Appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
See also: Adjudication.
The process of appointment of an adjudicator under JCT 98 provisions:
- Clause 41A.1: either party may refer any dispute to adjudication
- Clause 41A.2: the adjudicator shall either be an individual agreed by both parties, or an individual to be nominated by the person named in the Appendix, provided that:
- Clause 41A.2.1: no adjudicator shall be agreed or nominated who will not execute the JCT standard agreement for appointment on an adjudicator, and
- Clause 41A.2.2: where either party has given notice of his intention to refer a dispute to adjudication then:
- any agreement by the parties must be reached with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- any application to the nominator must be made with the object of securing the appointment of the adjudicator within 7 days of the notice
- once agreed or nominated, the parties shall execute with the adjudicator the JCT adjudication agreement
The particulars to be provided with the referral documents should include:
Featured articles and news
Balfour Beatty fined £500,000 for exposing workers to hand-arm vibration.
James Brokenshire launches a consultation on banning combustible cladding.
A year after Grenfell, we have a collection of 30 articles telling you everything you need to know.
ICE publish a policy paper on the UK’s future interconnectivity with the EU and the challenges for infrastructure.
Detailed guidance about construction waste management.
The changing identity of London communities in the face of rapid urbanisation.
Can you help? We have 300 industry acronyms beginning with 'C' but none beginning with 'Y'.
From the sinister Carceri d’Invenzione to the triple portrait of Sir Watkin Williams-Wynn and his Grand Tour travelling companions.
BSRIA launch the 5th edition of the Design Framework for Building Services (BG 6/2018).
Stella Rimmington famously said the construction industry was just as tricky as the KGB.
Construction site visitor cards are to be withdrawn.
3 WTC opens, RSHP’s first built project in New York.