- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 21 Apr 2021
American Institute of Architects AIA
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is a professional organization for architects in the United States. The AIA supports its members through educational offerings, government lobbying, public outreach and other activities.
The American Institute of Architects was founded in New York City in 1857 under the name New York Society of Architects. As of 2020, more than 95,000 licensed architects and associated professionals are members.
- Architect members (AIA)
- Associate members (Assoc. AIA).
- International associate members.
- Emeritus members.
- Allied members.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- CFD - Bridging the gap between architecture and engineering.
- Construction industry institutes and associations USA.
- Construction industry institutes and associations A to F.
- COVID-19 and the US HVAC sector.
- Level of detail for BIM.
- Level of Development LOD.
- LOD: Linguistics Needs of the Construction Industry.
- Paul Revere Williams.
- Royal Institute of British Architects RIBA.
- Richard Rogers wins the AIA 2019 Gold Medal.
- The architectural profession.
Featured articles and news
Counter balanced carriages that are half elevator, half train.
Understanding ethical risks and ensuring ethical behaviour.
A summary of the key announcements.
CIOB response to the Autumn budget.
Training reflects updated guidance in BSRIA BG 29/2021.
Complete list of 2021 winners now available.
Recognising past and present role models for the future.
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.