- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Oct 2020
American Institute of Architects AIA
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is a professional organization for architects in the United States. The AIA supports its members through educational offerings, government lobbying, public outreach and other activities.
The American Institute of Architects was founded in New York City in 1857 under the name New York Society of Architects. As of 2020, more than 95,000 licensed architects and associated professionals are members.
- Architect members (AIA)
- Associate members (Assoc. AIA).
- International associate members.
- Emeritus members.
- Allied members.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- CFD - Bridging the gap between architecture and engineering.
- Construction industry institutes and associations USA.
- Construction industry institutes and associations A to F.
- COVID-19 and the US HVAC sector.
- Level of detail for BIM.
- LOD: Linguistics Needs of the Construction Industry.
- Paul Revere Williams.
- Royal Institute of British Architects RIBA.
- Richard Rogers wins the AIA 2019 Gold Medal.
- The architectural profession.
Featured articles and news
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.
Communicating the right information at the right time.
Materials can take on different properties to control heat and glare.
Challenges in the construction sector and beyond.
Exploring brick and timber construction techniques.